Heartbleed bug and Android 4.1.1

trainingwheels
trainingwheels Member Posts: 7 New User

I am concerned about the heart bleed bug being a vulnerability in android 4.1.1. I own an Acer a210 with android 4.1.1. 

May I ask if Acer will soon release an update to KitKat?

What steps can I take?

Thanks!

Robert

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

My advice is, do nothing at the moment, given what we are hearing in the media they would have you changing your passwords every week. I have changed none of my passwords yet and will wait till there is more reliable information.

• fsnostromo
    fsnostromo Member Posts: 1 New User

Wrote to the support and asked about an Update for the A210. They answered a few days later that there is no Update planned for the A210!

I`m so dissatisfied with Android...can`t told you. Cleard my A210. Now I use it only for reading a Newsfeed and bougt an Surface Pro with Windows 8.1. And Surprise...its also possible to run the upcoming Windows 9 besides that got a lot of patches every Month to keep it secure.

The A210 was my first and last Android Device. Where is the advantage when I need to buy a new 300€-Tab every two Years because critical Issues will not be fixed? Payed 600€ for a Surface Pro with 128 Gig and I`m sure also Windows 10 will run on it.

• trainingwheels
    trainingwheels Member Posts: 7 New User

Dear FSNOSTROMO,

You bring up allot of good points in your response. I was looking at buying an IPAD for my next tablet, now I will carefully research which Windows tbalet may be a good fit for me. 

As for Android... 

It's amazing. Amazing that Google should have implemented an update thread into their OS. Windows has it, Mac, Linux all have it, but not Android?! 

However, My A210 is now running KitKat thanks to Paranoid Android. I have tried CyanogenMod and dumped it... OmniRom is very nice indeed, but I have settled on Paranoid Android. 

If you want to check these out yourself you can find all the files at http://bejonwe.de/

Thanks!

Robert

This discussion has been closed.