HDD Password Frozen?

billpminn
billpminn Member Posts: 2 New User

I have removed bios passwords, on cold boot bios says password is clear but upon closing bios will not boot saying hard not availible. when I open bios again says IDEO HDD Pasword Is Frozen. Passwords are clear. I cannot use recovery disks because drive is frozen. Computer is Acer Aspire 5532 any help is appreaciated

Answers

• aarnold49
    aarnold49 Member Posts: 2 New User

try turning it on and hold the F12 button and see if it will let you run a HDD diagnostic 1st then set it to boot from your CD-ROM. Use the Windows 7 System Repair Disc. That disc will let you get into a repair console. If you dont have that disc go online with another comp and download the files and burn it to a CD. Put that CD in your CD-Rom drive and reboot the comp and go from there. you can also download the HIRANS BOOT CD and its got all the password recovery tools on it that you will need. If the F12 doesnt work for you just press and hold the C button on keyboard as you boot and that will force a boot from CD-Rom Drive. Good Luck

• raytamar
    raytamar Member Posts: 1 New User

My bios is locked by password. I have a newly formatted HDD. How do I get my acer aspire 4710 to boot from CD?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

You could try to clear the passwords with the clean password utility freeware.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6g4v2q2yvo173q9/clnpwd.zip

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.