Ghost touch issues

kane159
kane159 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

recently I bought the tablet Acer Iconia A1-810. Shortly after the purchase I noticed screen issues; when writing, random letters pop up, during gameplay the floating pad literally floats all over the screen, sometimes it gets stuck in one place and when I touch the screen it becomes totally unresponsive. It drives me crazy, especially when I'm in a hurry and need to send a message to someone. I've seen some videos in which people came up with a fix, but I don't want to pry the tablet open since the tablet is still under warranty and I don't want to lose it. The problem gets even worse when the tablet is being charged. Should I contact the Acer service centre or is there any solution that might be of help?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Andy

Answers

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I can tell you from looking over the various tablet forums over a long period of time that many tablets behave erratically if used while charging. As to the other issues, it would do no harm to carry out a soft reset with a pin or similar to reset the android system. Regarding the random letters while typing, I have experienced this but it is most often the letters located just above the space bar which pop up for me, the tablet is sensitive, I think I'm hitting the space bar and I get c,b,n,m, any letter close to the bar.

• kane159

I forgot to mention that I've already done a hard reset but to no avail. So is it the broken charger that may be causing this problem?

• roadwarrior796

Kane, you never mentioned anything in your original post about a broken charger, could you possibly clarify.

• kane159

All right, I'll make myself clear, then. The keyboard always gets faulty when the tablet is being charged. When I unplug the charger, it gets OK again, the keyboard reacts to my fingers correctly. As for the floating pad, however, it just floats all over the screen whether the charger is plugged or not. I don't know if it's some kind of an in-game bug or something, I tried to reinstall the game (Dead Trigger 2, in case you want to know), but the problem prevails.

• roadwarrior796

OK, my take on it is this, many tablets become unstable when the charger is plugged in and the keyboard is used, as I said there are reports of it all over the net and all across different makes of tablet, for myself, I don't use mine while it's charging. I don't think that it means that your charger is faulty. As for the floating pad issue, is it limited to one app, if it is, the fault is more likely to be with the app than your device. A quick search of the net flagged up that there have been some stability issues with the game you mention which seem to have gotten worse with Jelly Bean. My experience with app developers has been that, if I encounter an app which appears problematic, I contact the developer through the Play Store and they have always been keen to help or offer advice.

This discussion has been closed.