Forgot password for Acer Iconia tablet

mcmica
mcmica Member Posts: 1 New User

Trying to figure out how to reset the password or the tablet itself.  I let my daughter play with my tablet and somehow the password got changed (go figure) and now we cant use the tablet.

Answers

• top_bart22
    top_bart22 Member Posts: 1 New User

what are my password for my acer iconia tablet

• topbart22
    topbart22 Member Posts: 1 New User

i bought my acer lconia tablet on 11/5/2012 from hsn i did not get a password to get into my tablet can you send me one fax [edited for privacy] thank you

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
  • donjerman33
    donjerman33 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have forgot my login password on my Acer Iconia W700 Tablet. Not the Supervisor or User passwords but the one to log into once you've logged into the others. I have tried everything I know.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

There are many methods for resetting a Windows password, though a lot of them are very difficult to implement with UEFI systems. The easiest thing to do is a reset of Windows, though it does require plugging a keyboard into the USB port. With the keyboard plugged in, tell Windows to restart while holding the shift key down. That gives you the extended boot menus when it restarts. There are two options you can get to there to either refresh or reset Windows. A reset will start you over completely, allowing you to create a new account with new password. I don't know if a refresh will also reset the password, though I wouldn't expect it to. Note though that a reset will wipe out your personal files!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • trainwreck
    trainwreck Member Posts: 1 New User

i have forgot my password

• onderdegirmenci
    onderdegirmenci Member Posts: 1 New User

tabletimde açılışında şifre var

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hello onderdegirmenci

We are happy you have joined the Acer Support Forums.
    The Acer Community is a global peer to peer support forum where users share their experiences and expertise with Acer products.

Because of the multi-national nature of our community, we have asked that users post in English only, as that is the most common language to all users. By doing this, our members are more likely to get a response to their question, and those answers will be available to the entire community as a resource.

• jose1
    jose1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Man I forgot my Password What do I do ?

• jose1
    jose1 Member Posts: 2 New User

how did you do it to reset you tablet.

• anitafaye5858
    anitafaye5858 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi reset my tablet last night did not put a pass word in was not finish with what I was doing It just had a pituce of a lock when you turn it on and just swipe lock over and it would open now it want a password and I do not have one tried all my passwords and none will work what can I do

• nrich123
    nrich123 Member Posts: 1 New User

can any one help me login to my acer . i lost the password

• maricel_cantes
    maricel_cantes Member Posts: 1 New User

i cannot open may acer Iconia/B1 tablet because there are too many pattern attemps. To open this, i need to type my username and password.My problem is that i forgot my username(emai) and password.pls help.thnx!

ElizabethS wrote:

Hello onderdegirmenci

We are happy you have joined the Acer Support Forums.
    The Acer Community is a global peer to peer support forum where users share their experiences and expertise with Acer products.

Because of the multi-national nature of our community, we have asked that users post in English only, as that is the most common language to all users. By doing this, our members are more likely to get a response to their question, and those answers will be available to the entire community as a resource.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Folks: if you swipe a picture of a lock, that is an Android tablet & this is the Windows forum.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Maricel, you should be asking on the Andriod forum instead of the Windows forum. You are going to have to remember your unlock pattern, it's not stored anywhere other than in the tablet itself. With a Windows 8/8.1 tablet your password is the one you use for your Microsoft account and is used on each of your 8/8.1 devices, so you only need to have Microsoft reset it for you. There isn't a similar methodology for Android except through various apps you would have had to already have installed... Man Sad

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Barbsmadhouse
    Barbsmadhouse Member Posts: 1 New User
  • Redwoman
    Redwoman Member Posts: 1 New User

i forget my password for my acer tablet

• pinkyann74
    pinkyann74 Member Posts: 1 New User

hi my son has put a password in numbers on his tablet and now cannot remember it and we do not know how to reset it, its his new tablet.

This discussion has been closed.