Extensa 5235 Modifications

xn1ch1
xn1ch1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all

I've been reading the service manuals and techincal information on the Extensa 5235 and I'm currently working on a some modifications on this neat little machine.

So far I've done the usual, cpu swapped for a Dual core T7250, Ram Maxed to 4GB DDR3 1066, HDD 128GB SSD, swapped the optical drive to a secondary HDD, Upgraded the WiFi to N and added Bluetooth 3.1, all for £67. However, it's not enough...

My research has lead me to understand that the motherboard port (currently unused) for the bluetooth module BT.21100.005 which runs on standard usb protocol. Has anyone got the pin out diagram? Also, does anyone know if the connector on the port is the same as the connector on the CCD module 57.WB707.001?

Discalmer - I fully understand the problems and hazards of what I am considering. I'm looking to understand more about the lvds port capabilities on the motherboard MB.EDU06.001. I found a pinlayout diagram of the port which suggested that thet there was a second chanel which would be required for HD+ resolutions, can anyone conform this? Also the screens cables connectors are 40 pin, but I understand that this doesn't mean that there are 40 pins in the cable itself 50.EDM07.006 which are again required for HD+. Can anyone confirm this please?

It's probably obvious where this is going, dispite all of the warnings, I want to push this laptop to the limits of it's capability, including seeing what screen it's capabale of using. I've found a sutable display replacement, it has an identical pin layout, both run on the same voltage, the only difference is the pixels and the EEID information.

To summarise I'm after the following information

1. Can anyone provide the pin out diagram on the bluetooth module port?

2. Does the above ports connector have the same connector as the CCD module 57.WB707.001?

3. Does the LVDS port on the motherboard BA50-MV have 2 chanels output connected?

4. Are all 40 pins connected in the cable 50.EDM07.006?

This discussion has been closed.