Error *no Bootable device_insert boot disk and press any key

Options
ASimmons451
ASimmons451 Member Posts: 3 New User

I bought a new 320GB hard drive for my computer today at Best Buy and I'm now getting a message that says no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key. I didn't get any disk with my computer when I  got it for christmas or a new reinstallation disk with the new hard-drive. I reset my BIOS setup back to default, but I'm still getting that message...

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I'm sorry that you're having this problem, ASimmons. Apparently, your computer doesn't' recognize the new hard drive and won't boot off of it.

If you dual-installed, you can try booting into your old drive and see if you can work it from there.

If your new HD is the only one, it can't boot without a legal copy of Windows installed on it.

• ASimmons451
    ASimmons451 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I bought a eRecovery disc from acer today hoping that would restore all the settings on my computers and get windows back up and running...If this doesn't work, then I guess it's going to be a new laptop in the works. Unfortunately, I let the guy at best buy destroy the old hard-drive.

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I hope the recovery disk works. But if it doesn't recognize your new hard drive, you can buy a complete Windows DVD for $180. At this point, you will have to research the value of your current laptop vs. the cost of a new one.

• nanotubezs
    nanotubezs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hi there give a try boot from dvd windows. . download windows iso burn it on dvd and try it. .maybe it should work. .

This discussion has been closed.