Error *no Bootable device_insert boot disk and press any key

ASimmons451
ASimmons451 Member Posts: 3 New User

I bought a new 320GB hard drive for my computer today at Best Buy and I'm now getting a message that says no bootable device--insert boot disk and press any key. I didn't get any disk with my computer when I  got it for christmas or a new reinstallation disk with the new hard-drive. I reset my BIOS setup back to default, but I'm still getting that message...

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I'm sorry that you're having this problem, ASimmons. Apparently, your computer doesn't' recognize the new hard drive and won't boot off of it.

If you dual-installed, you can try booting into your old drive and see if you can work it from there.

If your new HD is the only one, it can't boot without a legal copy of Windows installed on it.

• ASimmons451
    ASimmons451 Member Posts: 3 New User

I bought a eRecovery disc from acer today hoping that would restore all the settings on my computers and get windows back up and running...If this doesn't work, then I guess it's going to be a new laptop in the works. Unfortunately, I let the guy at best buy destroy the old hard-drive.

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

I hope the recovery disk works. But if it doesn't recognize your new hard drive, you can buy a complete Windows DVD for $180. At this point, you will have to research the value of your current laptop vs. the cost of a new one.

• nanotubezs
    nanotubezs Member Posts: 2 New User

hi there give a try boot from dvd windows. . download windows iso burn it on dvd and try it. .maybe it should work. .

This discussion has been closed.