Can't install Win 7/8 on Acer TravelMate P253-E

marvolo
marvolo Member Posts: 2 New User

Good morning,
I have a problem with Acer TravelMate  P253-E . Friend asked me for a help while choosing notebook for a basic use, so I recommended him this one. Now I have it at home, because of a problem with installation of Windows 7.

Instalation runs nice untill the moment after restart (the moment when installed Windows should turn on). Notebook is restarting again and again not able to run Windows.
I tried to install several versions Win7 x64 and x86 also Win8 x64 and x86.

Windows 8 is doing almost the same but it gives some information:
It writes the error:  "Your pc ran into a problem ..."  and also "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
Then notebook restarts and again shows the same error. After several restarts it writes that there was a problem while starting the Windows and it recomendsme to do automatic repair with disc ( I tried it but it didn't help).
I'm sure disc are OK because I used the same retail disc on my notebook a month ago, without any problems.

Being curious I tried to install Windows Vista x86 on it and it worked great (only problem is that it's Vista and my friends doesn't want it, and what more, there are no drivers for it).
Also tried Lubuntu, with the same results - no problem.

I think there shouldn't be a problem like this with brand new notebook.
Can you please help me what should I do?

Best Answer

• marvolo
    Answer ✓

Problem is "solved", thanks for reading my problem details.

All this was probably caused by some driver included in Win7 and Win8 which wasnt compatible with the notebook.

It was solved in Windows 8.1 instalation so if you want to buy windows for this machine, buy Windows 8.1

Answers

• marvolo
    Answer ✓

Problem is "solved", thanks for reading my problem details.

All this was probably caused by some driver included in Win7 and Win8 which wasnt compatible with the notebook.

It was solved in Windows 8.1 instalation so if you want to buy windows for this machine, buy Windows 8.1

This discussion has been closed.