Can't connect to wireless

JulieP
JulieP Member Posts: 1 New User

says "obtaining IP address" for few minutes, then quickly flashes to "save secured with ____" then goes back to obtaining IP address for few minutes, then says avoided poor internet connection.  I'm sitting at my desktop using the wireless router with no problems so why can't my Iconia Tab A200 connect?

Answers

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew
    We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue.
    Acer Service and Support
  • Raffi
    Raffi Member Posts: 59 Troubleshooter

Hi,

Try hard rest 2-3 times using paper clip,which will restart the tablet .

Go to settings > wireless>tap on the network and select forget.

enable wireless again and selct the network and tap connect>it would prompt for network key if its secured network.

enter the network key and it should take care of the issue.

• LisadeB43
    LisadeB43 Member Posts: 1 New User

OMG! This was my EXACT question and I'm wondering if what the other person wrote helped? I'm frustrated over this. I'm on my laptop right now, with good wireless connection, but nothing for the tablet. Just like you said. I'm going to try what they said, I hope it works. P.S. How do  you reset using a paperclip? You just dont press the power button?

• summerwind-1972
    summerwind-1972 Member Posts: 1 New User

Can't connect to my router but my laptop is

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Are you sure that you are using the correct wireless key, letters, numbers, upper/lower case ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Does the tablet see the router? In other words when you look at available networks is yours shown? If not, do you see other networks?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • susanranghelli
    susanranghelli Member Posts: 1 New User

says obtaining ip address

• pipcollector
    pipcollector Member Posts: 14 New User

http://community.acer.com/t5/Android-Tablets/a1-810-must-restart-to-gain-wifi-back/td-p/183953/jump-to/first-unread-message

I have similar problem, slightly different to op’s mine quickly "connected" and quickly failed--if reset wifi.

If click saved ssid simply tells me "failed connect....."

• roadwarrior796

Does sound like a classic "handshake protocol" problem whereby the key is being entered incorrectly, have you attempted to connect to a public WiFi, this would rule out any issues of the wireless adapter in the tablet being faulty. You may also consider changing your router security if it is WEP and upgrading to WPA-PSK, some tablets have issues with WEP.

• pipcollector

RW i’ve replied in my post this is not due to incorrect key

Been using WPA2 since beginning

What i found missing is didn't set 5ghz mac filter for my 810 only 2.4 ghz available for it, added yesterday

Will update later

• pipcollector

no improvement frustrated

• roadwarrior796

As I asked before, have you attempted to connect to any public WiFi sites, coffee shop for example, is the problem only with your home network ?

• pipcollector

I didnt

One reason is the disconnection interval could be hours not every 5 minutes

Another reason is the router is brand new Asus n55u my other tablet and laptops includes a very old one work with it flawless

Final reason is turn on/off 810 wifi failed reconnect only a reboot will do its hard to fault router

But next time can try restart router wireless

This discussion has been closed.