Bluetooth not working in Acer Aspire V5 571P-6815 laptop after upgrading to Windows 8 Professional ?

rodgesnyder
rodgesnyder Member Posts: 2 New User

We bought this new laptop Acer Aspire V5 571P-6815 last week. Yesterday we upgraded to Windows 8 Pro and installed all the drivers from Acer Support Website. Everything worked except Bluetooth. When we tried to install the driver for the Bluetooth, it gave this error message 'The existed ProductVersion is higher than your ProductVersion. Installation quit.' The bluetooth does not show up even in Device Manager's list.  Anybody know about anything ? Thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I am not familiar with the issue you are describing. Did you use the Acer upgrade assistant located at http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/upgrade-assistant-tool? It is recommended that you use the upgrade assistant to ensure all of your hardware is working properly after the upgrade.

• tgif70
    tgif70 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V5-571p-6648 touchscreen laptop. My bluetooth was working fine, but my internet connection kept dropping. I downloaded the latest drivers which contained the Bluetooth Suite. I can  now connect to the Internet, but not to any of my bluetooth devices. Its shows that the device is offline and it won't allow me to put it online. Also I was unable to turn off the bluetooth under wireless devices in Win 8. I went to device manager and disable Bluetooth and  after I restarted my pc and went back to enabled it under Device manager, the option for bluetooth doesn't show as an option any longer. I'm at a crossroad as to what to do now. The bluetooth drivers are already installed on the hard drive, but is not visable in device manager. Please advise. 

• waltritscher
    waltritscher Member Posts: 2 New User

I am seeing the same error message on the S7-391. 

I did NOT upgrade from windows 7, this laptop came with Windows 8, and the bluetooth has worked for the last 3 months.

This week, there was a suggested WIFI update from the Acer auto-update software.  I ran that update on Sunday,  The bluetooth worked on sunday, but on Monday it no longer works.

• tgif70
    tgif70 Member Posts: 2 New User

Eariler I posted that I no longer have the Bluetooth option on my Acer Aspire V5-571p laptop. However, the option now appears in Devices Manager. But I still unable to connect any bluetooth devices. It shows that the device is offline. 

• miltonsankiss24
    miltonsankiss24 Member Posts: 1 New User

i have the same problem so if you found de solution or if there is anyone with the solution please help

• Isle
    Isle Member Posts: 2 New User

Here was my solution to no bluetooth:  first, I have an Acer Aspire S7-391 with Windows 8 pre-loaded. I have not decided whether to keep it yet (I don't love Win8 yet, but this is an Acer problem -- not Win8). This is long but may help others (since it seems to be a common problem).   Short version is that you may have to take some steps on your own, with no help from Acer update manager or Windows 8. 

Out of the box I got the S7 set up quickly, including W-Fi. sweet.  The Acer update manager came up and listed two updates, and I figured it was good to grab those, since who knows when the computer was actually built, etc.  Very slow download for two items:  Intel HD Graphics Driver; and Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64) 8.0.0.222, including Qualcomm Atheros WiFi driver installation 11.43.   Fine, done, I figure they're installed.

Moving on to my Acer Bluetooth mouse now, which came in the box with the S7 (was only using touchscreen and keypad up to this point), I see nothing in instrux about how to connect the mouse.  I search the web and find a post on the Acer website, which is when I realize Bluetooth is not working --  I can't toggle Bluetooth on like the instructions said.  I go to Acer site, Qualcomm site, etc., for a solution; I find lots of questions but no definitive answers.   Ultimately, after system restore back to the out of the box point (dumping the two downloads, since I don't know if that's what killed the Bluetooth or whether it never was working), then another restore to get the downloads back because the first restore didn't fix bluetooth, ULTIMATELY I realized the INSTALLER didn't automatically install.  Now, it's called WiFi installation, and I didn't want to touch it because my WiFi was working fine, just not the Bluetooth.   But on the Qualcomm site I saw that it's a suite, and I took a chance on running the installer, since nothing else had worked.  And that finally did fix the Bluetooth. 

After downloading the Qualcomm items as above, here's what I had to do:

on my Acer S7 go to SETTINGS > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall
    you'll see the list of all your programs
    scroll down to the Qualcomm Atheros WiFi driver installation and select it (you are NOT uninstalling it, in spite of the fact that you're in the "uninstall" window...your options are to change, repair or uninstall)
    once you click that installation item in the list, select change/install, and follow the install Wizard instructions
    RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!!  (this was the magic last step, and nowhere did the installer say to do this!)

Ok, good luck, I hope this helps you. 

• fnfsms
    fnfsms Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem with my laptop. You can check this link Acer Aspire V5 571P drivers.

Thanks,

• lujas89
    lujas89 Member Posts: 1 New User

Have just tried your tip on my 2 month old Acer V5 touchscreen and wanted to let you know it worked a treat....Smiley Happy

I was very annoyed when I discovered Bluetooth connection had stopped working and would not connect with my HTC after being perfectly fine the day before.  I found no help on the Microsoft sites, or mention of this solution so huge thanks!!

• philcookson
    philcookson Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there,

Your post is on the same theme that I have problems with on my V3-571 (i7). I only have the uninstall option on the Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite (64bit) in "Uninstall or change a program"; I've deleted it & re-downloaded.  But, I now don't even have a Bluetooth toggle in my Wireless options - just Wifi.  I've also downloaded Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth(R) Technology and WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software from the Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter I've bought... to my mind I now have 3 options!

What do I need to do to a) get the Acer to show a Bluetooth toggle bar option in the "Wireless" options and b) make the Acer pair with devices:- it can see other laptops but not a stereo speaker system (altho it did see the speaker last week and even push music).  My 3 options shouldn't confuse the Acer.. surely just need to tell it which one to use?

Clear step-by-step instructions welcome please folk!

thanks in advance

Phil

• MIKE60
    MIKE60 Member Posts: 1 New User

PC cannot detected nearby devices although they are detected by a Nexus and an iphone

• mysticpte
    mysticpte Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire M5-581T and 

It has taken me 2 months but I have finally solved my problem with my Bluetooth phone not connecting to my Acer Aspire laptop after upgrading to Windows 8.1.  I have pretty much tried everything, and finally today I found a more updated Atheros driver.  Hopefully I can remember all the steps I took to get this working as it didn't work until I did everything stated here:

1. Downloaded and installed this driver http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/ASUS-K55A-Qualcomm-Atheros-BlueTooth-Driver-801306-for-Windows-81-64-bit-Download-303240.html

2.Went to VIEW LOCAL SERVICES, right clicked on Bluetooth support services, right clicked on Properties

3. On the Logon Tab, click This Account, and then type in the box Local Service

4. Delete everything in the Password boxes and click Apply

5. → Go to RUN(Windows logo + R) and type “regedit” to open registry editor.

→ In registry editor go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion

→ In Current Version find Current version and change the value 6.3 to 6.2.

6. Right click on Bluetooth icon on the bottom taskbar, and click on Open Settings

7. On the Options tab where it says Discover, make sure you check the Allow Bluetooth Devices to Find

this PC

8. On the Share tab make sure you click Allow Remote Devices to browse, send and receive, pictures, music and other files, and then click OK.

I believe that's all I did.  Now my computer is still showing the phone not connected, but as soon as I try to send or receive between the computer and the phone it does connect.

This discussion has been closed.