Aspire S7 BIOS upgrade killed PC

2»

Answers

• vmk
    vmk Member Posts: 2 New User

Despite efforts to urge Acer to deal with this problem, apparently they have not been able to resolve the issue and it has now happened to me. My S7, which is only 2 months old, has completely died during a BIOS update - an update initiated by the Acer live updater. The screen is completely black and there is just nothing - it is completely dead.

Really frustrated by the Support staff who were unable to offer information about the likekihood of any of my data being retreived. All they can tell me is it will take at least 10 days. As those of you who have experienced this know, it is really awful - lost data, work assignments not delivered, loads of stress, and no idea when I'll be up and running and with what, if any, files intact.

Not good.

• Asj
    Asj Member Posts: 8 New User
    Mine is on it's Way back from service. I fear what state it is in...

About support I was happy, but now I can't get my shipping Expenses refunded! This is *****, that I personally need to throw in another 100 $ on this already expensive laptop, because an Acer update killed it. That fight is not over yet I Can assure you.

I'll post when I receive my laptop - but I agree Vmk, stress and loss of a bunch of working hour and material is a minor disaster.

/ASJ
  • vmk
    vmk Member Posts: 2 New User

Glad your laptop is on its way back - do let us know whether your data is in one piece - although I almost dread to hear.

And yes, you should definitely be refunded for your shipping. I got the impression I wouldn't have to pay for that, but not sure yet - let's see.

More to follow.....

• Asj
    Asj Member Posts: 8 New User

Update!

Just recieved my laptop back from service today... and... *drums*... I'm writing on it now, all is well MY DATA ARE INTACT, and I still love the little thing.

Powers up fast as lightning. 

Also, my local support promised me that I would get a refund on my shipping expences - they still need to wire the money, but I have no doubt they will.

I havn't checked if they at service updated the bios to the newest version, but I surely hope so. Anyone know how I can check what bios I'm running now?

So - despite the lost working hours and the general inconvenience, I now have my laptop back and working.

Don't despair guys Smiley Happy

Regards,

ASJ

This discussion has been closed.