After updating to windows 8 dolby home theater not working - Aspire Time Line X 3830T

madasafish
madasafish Member Posts: 2 New User

Any help most welcome

Best Answer

• madasafish
    Answer ✓

Many thanks for the speedy response - hope the patch is not too long in being posted

Answers

• muntdrop
    muntdrop Member Posts: 1 New User

Same here。  Tryed to use the w7n 7 dr7ver. No dice. We will have to wait for a patch.  

• madasafish
    Answer ✓

Many thanks for the speedy response - hope the patch is not too long in being posted

• Aung
    Aung Member Posts: 4 New User
  • aceraspire4830T
    aceraspire4830T Member Posts: 1 New User

I had this issue after upgrading to Windows 8 64 bit and applying the updated drivers I downloaded through the Acer drivers webpage.    I began getting an error about a driver mismatch, so I looked for the correct drivers and the Dolby Home Theater software for several hours online only to find many others doing the same thing.  I become very frustrated and attempt to just remove the software.  After some investigattion, I actually found the driver and software is located on the hard drive.  I found the audio driver setup program located in C:\OEM\Preload\Autorun\DRV\Conexant Audio Codec Conexant CX-20584.  The Dolby Home Theater setup program is located in C:\OEM\Preload\Autorun\DRV\Conexant Audio Codec Conexant CX-20584\DolbyGUI.  After removing the incompatible driver and running the setup for both the audio driver and Dolby Home Theater msi, everything works again.

So many people have been posting questions looking for the Dolby Home Theater setup program, I thought I would share what helped me resolve it.  The software is probably already on your system.  I hope I have helped someone resolve this very frustrating issue.

• goldenroshan
    goldenroshan Member Posts: 8 New User

I have cleaned installed windows 8 and as a result all my apps from the windows 7 were deleted, what should I do now to get back the Dolby Digital home theater Software? I badly miss it Smiley Sad

• CnZ
    CnZ Member Posts: 1 New User
  • poweretorj
    poweretorj Member Posts: 7 New User

Try to reinstall Audio driver (Dolby embedded). Open Acer Recovery Management => Reinstall Drivers or Applications => Install Audio Codec => follow instructions and restart.

Video: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26947

• poweretorj
    poweretorj Member Posts: 7 New User

There's no need to download the driver from Lenovo, because Dolby is personalized for Acer. Just download the Audio driver/codec from your product page on Acer website and reinstall it. It has Dolby Home Theater embedded.

This discussion has been closed.