Adding Memory to AG3-605-UR23

Bugeyz
Bugeyz Member Posts: 3 New User

I just purchased a ACER Predator AG3-605-UR23 machine.  It has not arrived yet but I already know I want to add memory.  It comes with only 12GB.  I would  like to bring it to as close to the max  32GB as possible.  The specs say there are two memory slots for memory.

My question is: Is that 2 memory slots AVAILABLE or 2 memory slots TOTAL?  

If it is AVAILABLE, then I can add 16GB of memory and bring the total to 28GB...which is acceptable.  

If it is TOTAL, then I have to remove the 12GB that's in there and add 32GB of memory...a much more expensive proposition.

Additionally, what memory does it take.  I have not been able to find any information except "DDR3."

Thanks.

Pete

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Pete

According to Acer's datasheet for your model, it has a total of 2 memory slots. You will have to remove the one stick & replace with 2 x 16GB sticks. You can always sell the stick you remove on ebay to get some of your money back!

As for the type of memory, the best thing to do is when you get your PC, download & run Crucial's memory scanner. This will tell you exactly all the information you need, plus will make recommendations for you. The link I've provided is for the UK site, but you can change it to your country by clicking the flag in the top right corner.

Hope this helps!

• Bugeyz
    Thanks. Helps.
  • Bugeyz

Thanks for the information.  The computer arrived yesterday.  I opened it up and to my surprise, it has 4 memory slots of which 3 are occupied with 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory. So I think I can either add one 8 GB memory stick to the open slot or pull it all and add a total of four 8 GB memory sticks.

Below are some pictures.  The first is of one of the memory sticks.  The second is of the memory slot configuration.  

I guess the ACER specs lied but I believe this is a pleasent surprise.  

2014-01-03 19.12.45.jpg2014-01-03 19.12.45.jpg

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

That's great news, and a welcome error from Acer!

This discussion has been closed.