Acer aspire 5741G compatible motherboards

siolosni
siolosni Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello to community.

I have an Acer aspire 5741g with problem on the VGA.

After years it can't start up and i have a black screen.

It's a topic that is full discussed with many solution on drivres and bios updates but i think that my VGA (ATI mobility) has ended it's life...

so the question is which are the compatible motherbords for my case (5741G) and my CPU (intel i3).

i find that there is a motherbord for 5742G but i can't find if is ti compatible and which is the difference between them.

Thank you in advance

Nick

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello Nick,

1- Have you tried to connect an external monitor or LCD TV (refresh rate 60Hz)?

2- The motherboard part numbers for Aspire 5741G (in bold, it's the graphic memory):

MB.PSZ02.001MAIN BD.AS5741G.HM55.512MB.LF
    MB.PTD02.001MAIN BD.AS5741G.HM55.1GB.LF

3- You'll find the exact model like this (example MB.PT401.001):

Image-1.jpg

France

Answers

• You need to pull the old board and get the part number off if.There are two different shapes and three different part numbers and I saw another on EBay that doesn't match the three numbers.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello Nick,

1- Have you tried to connect an external monitor or LCD TV (refresh rate 60Hz)?

2- The motherboard part numbers for Aspire 5741G (in bold, it's the graphic memory):

MB.PSZ02.001MAIN BD.AS5741G.HM55.512MB.LF
    MB.PTD02.001MAIN BD.AS5741G.HM55.1GB.LF

3- You'll find the exact model like this (example MB.PT401.001):

Image-1.jpg

France
  • siolosni
    siolosni Member Posts: 3 New User

Yes i've allready connect the external VGA cable and the result was a mosaic picture end loop restarted laptop.

Thanks laurent_14 i've saw this numbers but i couldn't figure out how could i use them.

I decide to send my lapto for service and if the can change the GPU i think that the problem will fixed.

This discussion has been closed.