Acer Update compatability issue

dgee51
dgee51 Member Posts: 2 New User

Windows just did a major update on my Win7 machine and I get a message box saying that Acer Updater is not compatable with this version of windows and I need to contact Acer for a solution. Laptop is out of warrenty so I cannot get anywhere with tech support by email. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Acer is aware of the issue that has been reported and has been working with Microsoft on a resolution. The link to the update should be working now, however, you may need to restart your system for the update to install correctly. If you are still having problems, Acer has posted these updates on our site for downloading. You can find a link to download the updates at our support article http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568. If you are still having problems, please continue to post and we will assist in any way we can.

Answers

• bjenista
    bjenista Member Posts: 1 New User

I downloaded updates restarted, says that my Acer 5253 is not compatible with Windows 7.
    Doesn't say how it's incompatible. What do I do/

• satomidabil4
    satomidabil4 Member Posts: 1 New User
  • Patell
    Patell Member Posts: 1 New User

Sorry no solution but exactly the same with my Acer 5749 - keen for an answer 

• leosenesi
    leosenesi Member Posts: 1 New User

me too..same problem

• dgee51
    dgee51 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am guessing this has somethng to do with Windows including IE10 as part of the latest update packet. I have never had this issue before Smiley Sad

• nonpop
    nonpop Member Posts: 3 New User

Same problem here. Win 7 Home premium, Aspire S3-961.

Each time I cancel the pop-up it just comes back on restart.

• 2James
    2James Member Posts: 2 New User

sAME PROBLEM WITH aSPIRE aCER 5750

• nharris
    nharris Member Posts: 1 New User

Me too - would be nice if Acer would post an answer

• francis20041
    francis20041 Member Posts: 4 New User

Same issue with my Acer Aspire 5253 just this morning. When i click on "find online solution" it says that there is no solution and that windows will notify me when there is one. When i went to the Acer support it says to click on the "download Updater Hotfix" But that screen never comes up. Very frustrated.  Acer needs to get their **bleep** together and address this issue.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Acer is aware of the issue that has been reported and has been working with Microsoft on a resolution. The link to the update should be working now, however, you may need to restart your system for the update to install correctly. If you are still having problems, Acer has posted these updates on our site for downloading. You can find a link to download the updates at our support article http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568. If you are still having problems, please continue to post and we will assist in any way we can.

• wingnut
    wingnut Member Posts: 1 New User

Amen to that. I just posted the same. Tried calling 3 times, but i could'nt understand any of them. Terrible english. Need to put that automated lady on there. MAN!!! My Norton360 alrted me to the problem now. So Acer better get cracking.

• francis20041

Thank you Acer.  Problem solved.

• chuckwds
    chuckwds Member Posts: 1 New User

Error msg says: Known compatibility issue with Acer Updater and your version of Windows.

C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\ePowerTray.exe

I am using Win 7 64bit for several years now and have not had this problem.???

• drkovax
    drkovax Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same message in a very similar situation (long term used 64x machine, with Win7) right after te Win7 update.

What can I do ?

• drkovax
    drkovax Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Acer. The problem really solved.

• adairpeterson
    adairpeterson Member Posts: 2 New User
  • adairpeterson
    adairpeterson Member Posts: 2 New User

This seems to be the same Acer Power Management problem "Pickles" and a couple of other users have reported. It does not look like Acer has responded to any of the 723 +++ inquiries about this problem.    This message appeared after the latest Microsoft updates and I am experiencing some instability when on the Internet . 

WHERE ARE YOU ACER?  Microsoft thinks this is an Acer issue  and not a Microsoft issue.

• docvkr
    docvkr Member Posts: 1 New User
  • raydirector
    raydirector Member Posts: 4 New User

My product number is not listed in the update compatabilty package.  They say to try Update Hotfix?   I am afraid to try this as it could hurt my computer.   Did you try it?  Have you used Update Hotfix?    Ray    *please let me know as I am so frustrated.

• francis20041

Hello Ray. I sent you an email It might help.

This discussion has been closed.