Acer Liquid Z2 critical problems!

andrei9696
andrei9696 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi! I bought an Acer Liquid Z2 (Z120) about 2 months ago. The phone was doing very well,in terms of speed, but it had one critical problem: after about 5 or 6 hours of phone uptime, upon leaving an application, the phone froze and I had to wait 5 minutes for it to reset and turn on again. I sent it to back to the shop from where I bought it and they told me they repaired it. They just installed the same version of the software (I'm reffering to the Operating System and the build version ) that came with the phone when I bought it. I tought the problem was solved, but after 20 minutes of usage, the phone froze again, when I left the default "Clock" application. It used to happen when ending a call sometimes. I saw that there was an official update from Acer and I installed it.

I then did a factory reset, after installing the update and now, my phone had no network signal because of the error: "Invalid IMEI". I sent the phone again to the shop, telling them my new problem. They have changed the IMEI and told me that the phone is working now. 

When I got the phone, I have updated it again (not knowing that the update had caused the IMEI problem and thinking that it will solve the freezing problem) and did a factory reset again, and guess what! "Invalid IMEI" again! So I went to the shop again and they fixed it once more for me.

When I finally got my phone it was working well, but guess what! It was freezing just like in the beggining... I turn on the phone, start a program, and when press the back button to leave it, the phone just freezez and I have to wait 5 minutes for it to turn on again. The problem is that it happens randomly and I don't know what causes the problem. 

I don't know what to do... I'm sick of sending my phone back to the shop. It'll be the 4th time. 

Can somebody help me, please? 

My phone's operating system: Acer_AV051_Z120_1.004.00_EMEA_ORGROD (Android 4.1.1)

Answers

• animalambulance
    animalambulance Member Posts: 2 New User

I have got a very similar problem and my phone has been displaying No Service for at least the last 48 hours-it just dropped out of the network and will not get back in.I noticed my phone-bought new less than 2 months ago-has always been rather slow when using it for surfing the internet and since I put a 8gb micro sim card in it last weekend it seems to be even slower at everything-even though the micro sim is empty.I am so fed up with it I have reverted to using my 8 year old nokia 6230i which although quite basic does everything I ask it to(make a call,take a photo) at a reasonable pace.Over the coming weekend I'm going to try to make arrangements to send my phone in for a check/service locally as I can't really return it to the supplying shop as i bought it via ebay and they are a few hundred miles away from my home.As an older person who has fat sausages for fingers I was suprised that the phone took so long to do things as normally the phones are quicker than my digits fly over the keys-my son's blackberry is for sure.I thought it was because the internet was slow and this was why my phone kept freezing-take 2 minutes to display the next page-but after reading your post think that it is to do with the phone and not the internet connection.I believe that Android 4.1.1. is the latest system update available as this was installed when my phone updated itself a week or two ago.Good Luck in your quest to get your phone sorted mine is going to be stuck on Ebay if it is no better after getting it serviced by an Acer service centre.Kind Regards Michael

• Udo
    Udo Member Posts: 6 New User
    Pfff, I just bought a Acer Z2 for 6 mounths, all works fine, but one day appared a new system update, i click on it and it says "this updat is not allowed for your device".What should i do. Please answer quickly.Thanks
This discussion has been closed.