Acer Laptops Virtualization

vaizaren
vaizaren Member Posts: 44 Die Hard WiFi Icon

When I accesss the BIOS(pre-installed and updated), i cant seem to locate the option on which i turn on or off the Virtualization stuff..

why? how can I enable/disable this option?

Answers

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Member Posts: 2 New User

someone correct me if i am wrong but i believe if the option is not present then your laptop does not support virtualisation are you on a 64 bit system and are you trying to virtualise a 32 bit or a 64 bit operating system

• KevGo
    KevGo Member Posts: 12 New User

on another forum, someone say virtualization activated on 32 operating system. But i lack that's true or not.

You can use unofficial BIOS, by modded your BIOS file or you can go to BIOS modded forum. That's absouluty work properly.

• dbenmaor
    dbenmaor Member Posts: 6 New User

64 bit is not the problem - more likely your OS you need 8.1 Pro or ent. not standard , even then Acer's motherboard or rather Bios my not allow virtulization options to be selectedwithout an update

• dbenmaor
    dbenmaor Member Posts: 6 New User

I did a clean install on my Acer Aspire V-5 571P laptop to Windows 8 Professional 64 bit.

It came with Windows 8 Standard but I wanted the features that come with

Windows 8 Pro. More to the point I wanted to play with Hyper-V.

Unfortunately the System Bios Version V2.03 is limited no advanced tab to set up virtualization.

MSINFO32.exe shows Hyper-v shows VM monitor yes, S.L.A.T. second level address translation yes,

Virtualization enable yes, and Data execution enabled yes.

Does anyone know how to unlock the Bios so the advanced tab shows.

Going to Turn on Windows features Hyper-V does not appear.

I I understand why Acer would limit the Bios. I would ask Acer but my machine is not under warranty

because I bought it refurbished to save some money. 

This discussion has been closed.