Acer Iconia W700 BIOS password

michal01000
michal01000 Member Posts: 12 New User

Hi,

I have a problem with my W700, until entering into BIOS, i have message " enter your password " !!

i never set it up any password, so question is : is there any default password hidden in bios?

Thanks for fast reply, because I have to reinstall my OS but i can`t !!!

Answers

• majmac
    majmac Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

It must have been set by somone becuase the tablet BIOS password is not set in the factory.

• michal01000

I have shiped this tablet 1 week ago from local computer store as factory new ;/

• majmac
    majmac Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I presume you are trying to enter the UEFI BIOS, but why?

• michal01000

for future change of OS, or recovery win8

• michal01000

1.jpg

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I cannot speak to the W700 but my W3 has a reset "hole" next to the microSD card slot. Have been told (have not tried) that it resets the CMOS.

• michal01000

reset hole is working, but dont reset the CMOS Smiley Sad

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

There is no hidden/default password to unlock the BIOS else it would be pointless security.......

You will most likely need to send it into an Acer Repair Centre to get that removed.

• michal01000

**bleep**... I am working in biggest notebook service in Poland,i have every diagnostic hardware for repair that, but i dont have any idea how to start remove that password... its diffrent UEFI BIOS than any notebook...... thx for reply

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I do not have a W700 but looking at the manual it has a CMOS battery (there is a Message mentioned in the UG "CMOS battery bad  Contact your dealer or an authorized service center."

There is an earlier thread on opening the case (http://community.acer.com/t5/Tablets/W700-ssd-replacement/td-p/9415). I suspect that if you disconnect the main and CMOS batteries for a minute the CMOS will loose all settings including the password.

Keep in mind that doing this may void the warrenty. The official party line is "Important: Do not forget your Supervisor Password! If you forget your password, please get in touch with your dealer or an authorized service center."

Caveat y'all, notary sojak, and other weasle words.

• michal01000

the point is when I will open the cover to get acces to the CMOS baterry, my warranty will be lost Smiley Sad

• Kuni4321
    Kuni4321 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm in need of urgent help I was playing around with my dad's iconia w700 I set a password now I can't remember it any help
  • serdaraltan
    serdaraltan Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi my friends

Same situation here, any comment how to reset lost bios password?

This discussion has been closed.