Acer Iconia A1-810 and Windows XP

Denco
Denco Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello all,

I would like to ask you, if it is possible to install Acer Iconia A1-810 tablet on Windows XP PC. I would like to transfer files from tablet to PC. When I connect tablet to PC it shows up in Device Manager (of course with yellow question mark) as MT65XX Androind Phone. I found some driver on Acer Support Site but I does not help - it says driver has been installed but Device Manager still shows differently. So, it is possible to make this run on Windows XP or simply - it not supported anymore. 

Thank you for all your replies

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Wihy not just connect both to a LAN and use network file shares ? Both XP and Android should support it.

• Denco
    Yeah I was thinking about that. I found some application in Google Play for transfering files via WiFi but PC is only on cable. Is it possible to share files via network like I share between two PCs?
  • Denco

Ok, found AirDroid, pretty nice solution.

• shellbaby57
    shellbaby57 Member Posts: 2 New User

can word doc be downloaded on my Acer Tablet.  Trying to open up certain attachments and having difficulty.  Help?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Try Documents to Go from the Play Store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Kingsoft Office is excellent too, compatible with MS Word.

• shellbaby57
    shellbaby57 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.