Acer E350 - Firmware Reset

jluis
jluis Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

Was until recently one happy owner of an Acer Liquid Gallant E350 [dual sim].

From 2/3 weeks, the operating system is collapsing.
After startup, the mobile phone is terribly slow.
Whenever I turn on the internet data, all applications [Android system] start to crash, and stays completely inoperable.

I tried to remove some applications (which could be compromising the system), but amazingly after I remove the apps and restart the smartphone, the applications are still there!

• I've tried to through the "Settings >> factory reset without backup" and... nothing everything the same.
  • I've tried "POWER + VOL UP" >> "Wipe data / factory reset" + "wipe cache partition" and everything remains the same!
  • I've tried downloading the Stock Rom [OS_Acer_AV041.E350.1.000.22.WW.GEN1_A40I_A.zip] and through the Android system recovery, "Apply update from sdcard, appears an error" Signature verification failed "

Please, someone with a hint or could indicate how I can get this mobile phone to work properly or do a hard reset?

Answers

• jluis

Anyone?

Any help would be great appreciate. This is NOT a novice problem, is in fact ROM problem.

• danny_lepomme
    danny_lepomme Member Posts: 1 New User

Do you have already a solution. I have the same problem.

I remove a lot of apps, change background, and change other settings. Everytime I restart the smartphone, it goes back into the earlier configuration. really frustrating !

I have contacted Acer 1 week ago. But no response so far.

• mysteryman323
    mysteryman323 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey, I have the same problem here as well. I did see that on a different website someone else complained about it too.
    Ive tried every form of reset, but nothing gets changed, even if I take out the SD and SIMcards.

Does anyone have a solution? 

• jluis

AT LEAST, anyone with HINT on re-installing OS_Acer_AV041.E350.1.000.22.WW.GEN1_A40I_A.zip ???

• Fidler
    Fidler Member Posts: 1 New User

Did you ever get an answer ? I have exact the same issue...

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Maybe flashing a past rom with Sptools?

anyone tryed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jwjhix
    jwjhix Member Posts: 3 New User

Same problem.  Now ... why is it that this is happening since October.  I think some sort of malware or bad update?

No luck resetting by either method...

Haven't put the time into downloading the kernelt etc, but judging from the comments above that is time that would have been wasted. 

Wonder what the deal is?

And why it says "Wiped all data" or whatever... and then reboots with ALL of my old settings (and apps) still there, and then immediately begins crashing again . 

Not even a year old.

x

• IronFly
    Very strange, even giving Format with sptools?
  • jwjhix

Could you explain, or point me to an explanation of "even giving Format with sptools"?

Sorry, I am not an expert and just would like to reset the factory values to my phone.  There is a facility for this and I have followed the procedures recommended...  kind of annoying that the telephone just acts "as if nothing happened" (except that it is still sending me a buttload of errors about this or that application closing, often the same application closing over and over). 

... In Forums in France (where i live) people are having the same problem ; it is only since October 2013 and there have been no responses from Acer about it.

I am about to say "so much for my 10 month experiiment with Acer phones... " and pass on the advice. 

Would be nice to have some feedback from them

• IronFly

on SP tool (a program to flash MTK devices) using an Acer E350 rom, you can format the device with the button "format" then flash the E350 with a rom.

AFAIK the last compatible, around the web (this is not an official procedure) is 1.019, so you need to update via FOTA to the latest.

• ljuba_sr
    ljuba_sr Member Posts: 1 New User

So I have the same problem, from 2 days ago.... Smiley Sad 
    Did anyone ever got an answer from ACER or found a solution? 
    I really don't know what to do, I can't use the phone... 

• IronFly

Anyone tried using ADB on PC?

a quick version of ADB:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 

you need to have ADB and fastboot drivers installed, must be part of acer drivers and USB debug enable on phone.

ADB must be installed with android SDK and with the phone connected open a command prompt where ADB.exe is and type:

adb reboot bootloader

after the phone reboot on fastboot check that it recognised byt ADB typing:

fastboot devices

if recognised type:

fastboot -w

wait until it finishes.

• hlaci
    hlaci Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello Evryone!

My phone doing the same thing

i try  wipe/factory reset and its not working

I try acer rom update nothing change

i try sp flash rom rewrite nothing change

i try adb, i can reboot my phone via computer but only reboot normal nothing change

the fastboot cant find device

so i may prob format with sp flash tool but i hear some bad story about nvram and lost imei-s

Somebody know anything else what can do with this phone?

• IronFly
    Send phone to acer service?
  • MikeAce
    MikeAce Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same problems,

Apps keep crashing google.acore, google.gapps, calendar service, and can't open anything either.

I've tried uninstalling apps but as soon as I restart the phone they're still there.

I've trie i try  wipe/factory reset but it does nothing.

I tried a hard reset but I don't seem to have an option to clean boot only various tests.

I'm not a developer thus I have no idea about some of the stuff suggested here but am wondering has anyone made any progress? This is kind of a ridiculous thing to have happen to a phone I've had less than 6 months!

• jwjhix

I never found a fix....  still hoping though

• IronFly

i think it's some kind of hardware problem, so if under warranty it's better to contact acer customer service.

• grummbunger
    grummbunger Member Posts: 3 New User

is there a micro chip in these phones, (my first thought is corrupt tables are involved here which is quite possible to happen, though it may seem that to be a far stretch) try removing or replaceing this when you restore (although if it is the problem you may see the difference right away. in future, flashing is and always has been a troublesome process.

• grummbunger
    grummbunger Member Posts: 3 New User

once you flash a device that actually voids warrenties.....

• wvermeij
    wvermeij Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello all,

Is there already somebody who found a solution or got any reply from acer?

Since last week I have exactly the same problem...

Is there a way to get this fixed or is it better to switch to a new (non acer) phone?

This discussion has been closed.