Acer Crystal Eye Webcam does not work after adobe update

AdamP85
AdamP85 Member Posts: 3 New User

When my adobe flash player 11 active X updated my webcam on my acer 5740g stopped working, all i get when i turn it on is  blank screen. What do i need to do to rectify this please guys?

Best Answer

• davidgreene
    davidgreene Member Posts: 16 New User
    Answer ✓

Do system restore so that you can revert the changes made in your computer. 

Click the Pearl Button or Start > Programs> Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Select a date when the computer was still working fine. Launch the restoration by choosing a restore point. Let it do the thing. Check. 

David

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

have you tried rolling back prior to update to see if that works

• davidgreene
    davidgreene Member Posts: 16 New User
    Answer ✓

Do system restore so that you can revert the changes made in your computer. 

Click the Pearl Button or Start > Programs> Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Select a date when the computer was still working fine. Launch the restoration by choosing a restore point. Let it do the thing. Check. 

David

• AdamP85
    AdamP85 Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks guys will do Smiley Wink

• rv2699
    rv2699 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey all,

I tried doing system restore also, but still my webcam was showing blank screen. now suddenly when i click on the Webcam, it is showing as No video device capture available... when i try to update the driver from Device manager, it shows that the driver is up to date.

Also , i tried of uninstalling and installing once again. But it is not allowing me to uninstall also. It is saying that, no device available to uninstall.

In device manager it is showing the device. Please help me on this..

• MetalSaint
    MetalSaint Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Try re-install the webcam driver or use another Webcam software like ManyCam or WebMaxCam Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.