Acer Aspire V5-552P-X617 upgrade

Aphrodisiac3
Aphrodisiac3 Member Posts: 1 New User
I wanted to upgrade my ram, I was wondering if I open my laptop mentioned above, will there be extra unoccupied slots for another ram/ddr3? Or so i need to replace the current attached ram?

Answers

• murry
    murry Member Posts: 2 New User

I want to know this too.  How do I upgrade RAM for this laptop? It doesn't look like there is a compartment on the bottom to take off to upgrade the RAM.  Can someone help?

• murry
    murry Member Posts: 2 New User

And this is a thin type notebook, sealed battery.  But I don't see a compartment I can remove to get to the RAM to upgrade it.

• sbuell20
    sbuell20 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi there! The V5-552P-X617 has one memory slot and can be upgraded up to 12gb but the largest single stick of memory is 8gb at the current time (either acer designers made an error or was planning on something in the future that im not aware of by having single slot 12gb max).  In order to get the back off to upgrade memory, hard drive, etc make sure the laptop is powered down and the power plug is disconnect, then remove all the screws (which there are a dozen or so) then find the ethernet port on the back of computer, and pull down on the tab that is on the bottom of the ethernet port, then work the bottom cover off slowly and carefully around the outside edges, when doing this becareful of the ports catching on the case.  Its a little unsettling and you hear the case unpopping.  Good luck and hope this is helpful. 

This discussion has been closed.