Acer Aspire V5-122P: Windows 8 Local password recover or Booting from USB drive

abrarzafar
abrarzafar Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi everyone,

Really need help. I am afraid I am going to lose all my data on my hard disk to get my computer working again.

I don't know how, but somehow the Windows 8 logon password has been changed. I cannot do anything even if I go into advanced recovery options.

I have created a usb flash drive to book my Aspire V5 122P but I cannot book from the usb drive.

I have not created a passord reset disk beforehand.

I have chosen the option to rest my pc while keeping my data, but windows 8 still asks for the password and does not accept the password that has always worked for me.

Really afraid... if I have to lose all my data.

Can someone kindly help?

Abrar

Best Answer

• abrarzafar
    Answer ✓

I managed myself to solve my problem. It would be very useful for someone else as well, that's why posting the update:

1. First of all by clicking on Sift-Restart, I went to the advanced options and refreshed my pc while keeping my data.

2. This allowed me somehow that in the advanced options I was able to go to command prompt without system asking me the password that I had forgotton.

3. Once I was in the command prompt I followed these steps: 

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/reset-password-windows-8.htm

4. I was able to redefine my user password.

5. I had to go through the installation of windows again - not a big problem

6. All my programs were removed. I had to reinstall them e.g. MS Office, Cisco VPN Client, Skype, Chrome

7. My data was available under the username

8. The data removed was placed in windows.old directory so I was able to copy it back easily.

So - Thanks God Almight - Life is beautiful again.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Abrar

Brussels

belgium

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• abrarzafar
    Answer ✓

I managed myself to solve my problem. It would be very useful for someone else as well, that's why posting the update:

1. First of all by clicking on Sift-Restart, I went to the advanced options and refreshed my pc while keeping my data.

2. This allowed me somehow that in the advanced options I was able to go to command prompt without system asking me the password that I had forgotton.

3. Once I was in the command prompt I followed these steps: 

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/reset-password-windows-8.htm

4. I was able to redefine my user password.

5. I had to go through the installation of windows again - not a big problem

6. All my programs were removed. I had to reinstall them e.g. MS Office, Cisco VPN Client, Skype, Chrome

7. My data was available under the username

8. The data removed was placed in windows.old directory so I was able to copy it back easily.

So - Thanks God Almight - Life is beautiful again.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Abrar

Brussels

belgium

[edited for privacy]

This discussion has been closed.