Acer Aspire V 5 471

MJS
MJS Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought this a month ago and I am finding it really slow to open any windows.  Support reset alot of stuff but I was reluctant to let them set back to factory default because of the major inconvenience.  Support is very frustrating so I gave up.  Should I reset back to factory default?  pages take ages to open and my mums old laptop is much faster! Help or advice anyone

Best Answer

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

MJS, your problem might be very easy to solve. In order to keep costs down (and yes, they really do pass the savings on to you) Acer loaded your rig with bloatware. Download the free program Win Patrol, and it will tell you what programs you have running. Do not delete anything; disable it, until you're sure that you didn't need it. Never interfere with any Microsoft or Acer program, whether you want it or not.

If that doesn't work, you might have to go back to the factory defaults and THEN follow step 1.

There is another possibility. You do realize that you own a good quality, low budget laptop. You might be used to better speed from a more expensive machine. In researching your machine, I found a review that praised it for its quality but kept repeating that it is a slow machine.

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

MJS, your problem might be very easy to solve. In order to keep costs down (and yes, they really do pass the savings on to you) Acer loaded your rig with bloatware. Download the free program Win Patrol, and it will tell you what programs you have running. Do not delete anything; disable it, until you're sure that you didn't need it. Never interfere with any Microsoft or Acer program, whether you want it or not.

If that doesn't work, you might have to go back to the factory defaults and THEN follow step 1.

There is another possibility. You do realize that you own a good quality, low budget laptop. You might be used to better speed from a more expensive machine. In researching your machine, I found a review that praised it for its quality but kept repeating that it is a slow machine.

This discussion has been closed.