Acer Aspire Timeline U M3-581TG

Jplant
Jplant Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I've got an Acer Aspire Timeline U M3-581TG, runs fine and everything goes smoothly till I get to 38% or so then it goes onto black screen and then I press the power button and it seemed to have gone on standby mode but when I click on my account the batteryhas been drained to 5%, I'm wondering is this something to do with a power option and how do I disable it as its quite annoying.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Have you tried to drain the battery completely then fully charge the battery without using it? After you get a full charge power on the unit and use it normally to see if this problem duplicates itself again.

If the problem is still occuring, please contact our technical support in your region as service may be needed.

• Jplant
    Jplant Member Posts: 2 New User

I've drained the battery before and fully charged it but the problem still occurs, It seems like it goes into some kind of hibernation but I'm not sure if this is something to do with a power saver option or an hardware issue

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Thank you for trying my suggestion and I am sorry this did not provide the resolution we were looking for. At this point I feel it is more hardware related than software. However, you can try reloading your Acer computer to factory defaults to rule out any software or malware/spyware problem. The next step would be contacting technical support in your region for repair.

This discussion has been closed.