Acer Aspire One AO532h support

rustytruck
rustytruck Member Posts: 3 New User

I have purchased several used ACER products and have found them to be excellent products. However, I am EXTREMELY frustrated by the inability to get support for machines that are not new purchases. I CANNOT talk to anyone in chat, I CANNOT contact anyone by E-mail, and I am UNWILLING to PAY for telephone support. Does anyone know of a way to contact ACER in a manner that does NOT require an out of pocket expense. (by the way, I have searched the forums for a solution to my problem)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Answers

• SA_Spurs1
    SA_Spurs1 Member Posts: 18 New User

I think you have found it!

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Rust

Out of curiosity, how long do you expect Acer to provide free support for you?

Leho

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Welcome aboard, Rusty. Because laptop owners make changes, Acer is not able to provide support for used laptops. Providing that support would raise the cost of new machines. But we're willing to help you out if we can. If you're having a problem with a machine, give us the entire model number, along with an explanation of your problem, and we'll try to help.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

I have a 532h hotrodded a little bit (2GB RAM). What is your problem ?

• rustytruck

LEHO,

I expect that I will be able to at least contact someone at Acer as long as I own an Acer product. If I have a problem I expect the courtesy of acknowledging my existence. I have thus far been unable to contact anyone at Acer. Your comment was not helpful.

• rustytruck

Vince53 & padgett,

Thanks for your offer for assistance. The model number is NAV50. The following info is also provided:

PC Manufacturer: Acer            
    Product Name: AO532h          
    Serial Number: [edited to comply with guidelines]
    UUID: 4E80A413-1C23-DF11-9148-705AB641D63D

Motherboard Vendor: Acer
    Product Name: AO532h          
    Version: V1.17
    Serial Number: Base Board Serial Number

My problem is that I installed Puppy Linux on my machine and apparently wiped out the restore partition in the process. When I purchased the machine used, I did not receive a restore disk (I didn't even know there was such a thing). This has not been a problem, because I don't use Windows, but my wife now has a program that requires Windows. I have not been able to contact ACER to ask about a replacement or a download (I would be willing to pay for the replacement disc). I have looked at several other sites that claim to have the disc to purchase or to download, but I am hesitant to use these for fear of malware.

Does anyone know of a place to get a safe copy of the restore disc?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Yes, shortly after I bought the 032 I odred a restore disk from Acer. Just looked and is a three disk set for $19.95.

To order go to https://store.acer.com/store?Action=DisplayDataValidationServicePage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=acerna and enter the SNID on the bottom of the case.

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Rust.

If you deem that my question was out  of line, I certainly apologise sincerely to you.

In my defense, you had clearly stated that you were unwilling to pay.  I genuinely was curious as to how long you expected Acer to provide free support for you.

Sorry.

Leho

• kiwi
    kiwi Member Posts: 3 New User

Just go buy a Windows 7 64bit disk at Tiger Direct or some place like that.

Mike

• pinksparkles
    pinksparkles Member Posts: 1 New User

i have acer aspire one and cant figure out how to change background image..i have already clicked on image and hit make background image and nothing happens

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Welcome aboard, Sparkles. If you have the Windows 7 Starter Edition, you cannot change the background. If you have Windows 8, right click on a blank part of your screen. In the menu that appears, chooses "Personalize."

• BernardJaffe
    BernardJaffe Member Posts: 1 New User

My Acer Aspire One 532h-2268 is extremely slow.  My base score reads 2.5, which is the lowest number on the units base score indicator.

I also show my unit has 2 processors, alhough the system information display only lists 1 processor.  Coulld I be missing a processor that is causing my slow system?

I am not very computer literate,  so if none of this makes sense, my basic problem is the slowness of my unit.

Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.