Acer Aspire M5 481PT touch screen stopped working

2»

Answers

• mikinetti
    mikinetti Member Posts: 1 New User

This is truly unbelievable. I bought this piece of junk and after 2 weekd the laptop did not power up. I spend a whole day trying to figure out what to do. Finally I had to send it for repair.

It came back after a month or so. I switched it back on and instead of finding the product like new, ACER repair service had left their local account name etc.I had to do a full restore of windows 8. Spend a full day to update to 8.1. Finally when I am getting ready to work with it, I notice the touch screen does not work. i assume it is a SW issue and I embark on a crusade to uninstall and reinstall everthing that moves.

At the end I give up and call up Acer again. They first argue it must be a SW problem so we spend three hours on the phone trying to resolve it. FInally Acer gives up and they ask me to resend the laptop for repair. It comes back after yet one more month, but no explanatio of what the problem was. Again I need to restore everything and to upgrade to 8.1. Another day wasted. At least the touchscreen works, I console myself.

The this evening all of a sudden the touch screen STOPPED WORKING AGAIN. I was so mad I wanted to throw the laptop from a skyscrapper. Just before getting ready to call ACER and give them pure hell I came across this post. I pull out a creditcard, and my fingernails and I open up the screen....the little connector seems a little out of place. I press it harder together and put a little tape.. and then...  IT WORKS!!!! IT REALLY WORKS!!! IT IS LIKE MAGIC!!

IT IS AMAZING THAT NO ONE FROM ACER HAS POSTED ANYTHING HERE, AT LEAST TO APOLOGISE FOR ALL THE TIME THEY HAVE MADE US WASTE. I WILL NEVER BUY ACER AGAIN, EVER!!

IN THE MEANTIME A MILLION THANKS TO THE POSTERS THAT HAVE OFFERED THE SOLUTION AND IN THE PROCESS PROVEN HOW BADLY MANUFACTURED AND CHEAP THIS LAPTOP ACTUALLY IS (DESPITE COSTING QUITE A LOT OF MONEY).

CHEERS.

This discussion has been closed.