Acer Aspire 5755G

Bibbster
Bibbster Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi all , 

I recently bought a smart tv with intel widi capabilities, it seems my laptops processor is capable of widi however my wireless adapter isn't ?? i find this odd as on support page for this laptop they have the intel WIDI software to download , it however wont install as it says it doesnt support my netowrk card?

Anyone able to help...

Answers

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter

It could be that oyu received a specific SKU that didn't have the 802.11 a/b/g/n Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 (WiDi ready) network card in it. I've looked through a list of part numbers on-line and there is one (LX.RPW02.028) that didn't have it, it shows that it has the 802.11bgn WiFi 2x2 wireless card. Is this the part number of your unit?

• Bibbster

Mines says :
    LXRPx020371340F1EA1601?

if this isn't widi ready (which it doesn't seem) would you be able to help me select one which i could upgrade to cause i'd be happy replacing the part..

• JC_1234
    JC_1234 Member Posts: 198 Troubleshooter

It looks like this notebook purchased in the United Kingdom, is that where you are at right now? I ask because I'd have to help track down something sold over there via the Acer Store in the UK. You can contact them by email using this link, or the number for them looks like 0870 043 37 94. I'd recommend that if you are in the UK, the only thing I can see that's listed on their store is a P3 Ultrabook, they would be able to look up more models and such for you internally.

• Bibbster

Yeah i did purchase in UK, I'll give them an email! thanks for the help.

• Bibbster

It seems i'll need to extend my warranty or phone a premium rate number in order to just speak to someone ? is this correct?!

This discussion has been closed.