Acer Aspire 4830T - Error Code 0x241

CScottRun1
CScottRun1 Member Posts: 2 New User
My Acer got to the point where it needed to be restored. The restore process did not work using the "Alt+F10" method because after about 30% of the way through recovery, the Error Code=0x241 appeared. I chatted with Acer tech, they told me to but the eRecovery CDs. I began the process over again with the CDs and nearly made it all the way through, up until the installation of the software. I had trouble at two spots: 1) At about installation number 43/56(I don't exactly remember) but it was installing clear.fi.v.1.0 and 2) at number 55/56 where it said it was installing Cleanup. Sometimes it would blue screen, other times it would restart itself just to fail again. I decided to try a clean hard drive wipe using one swipe of DBAN. DBAN was successful. So once again, I used the eRecovery CDs to install the system again. Unfortunately, this time I made it through each of the recovery CDs, but when it began the recovery process, the error code=0x241 again showed - this time at 0%!!! I turned my computer off, tried it again, but a message that says "Please complete operating system setup process before doing system recovery" pops up preventing me from doing anything. And the recovery process never even went through, so it's impossible for it to complete, as far as I know.

I'm at a point where I'm completely lost, and frankly helpless, no thanks to Acer's horrible tech support outside of warranted computers.

Any help, ideas, or suggestions for me to try?

Answers

This discussion has been closed.