ACERS ASPIRE E1-472G WINDOWS 7 64BIT DRIVER

kensira
kensira Member Posts: 4 New User

hey good day.

i have a question, and i cant find answer on any acer page.
is there a windows 7 support/driver for Acer aspire E1-472g
ive searched the internet and i cant find one. and why it doesnt have a support.

and i really want to return this laptop if i cant find one.

thanks for future reply

Answers

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

System wasn't built for Windows 7 support so no, you won't find Windows 7 drivers on the Acer page. You may be able to find the drivers from the specific hardware vendors, but Acer does not provide them, nor are they required to. Your best bet would be to figure out which devices are installed in your pc and to go to the manufacturers page for each device to find Windows 7 drivers. Otherwise you would be better off returning the unit and trying to find one with Windows 7 still installed.

• kensira
    kensira Member Posts: 4 New User

thanks for the reply. its just funny that
    acer laptops nowadays dont have a driver for windows 7.
    its like telling us that windows 7 is phased out.
    and you cannot do anything but to go to windows 8 by force.
    i've never dissapointed like this for any laptops
    regardless of brand. now i will be stucked in windows 8.1 that's full of bug.

anyway. ScottyC, i would like to ask a favor. i dont know which/what
    is istalled Ethernet Hardware on this machine, and i've tried so
    many Lan drivers and none of them fits. i'd like to search
    the driver in the hardware vendor but cant find it exactly.
    it would be a early christmas present for the help Smiley Happy
    hope you can give a try to help me.

thanks ^^

• ScottyC
    ScottyC Member Posts: 433 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Alright, here we go. Usually I'm all humbug over the holidays but I know there is a hardware id tool on the Acer website somewhere that would tell you what the device is. I do things differently so let's see if I can't help you out myself. You'll need to go to the device manager and check for an ethernet controller. It may be an unknown device or it may be under ethernet controllers. If you don't know how to get to the device manager (I really hope you do) just hit the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard and type devmgmt.msc

Once you're there right click on the device that's missing the driver and click properties. In the window that opens you're going to need to go to the details tab. In the details tab look for Hardware ID in the drop down. You'll see entries that look like this "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D&SUBSYS_05041025&REV_04". Right click on each of these entries and then hit copy. Then you'll need to paste these entries into a reply in this thread. I'll use this to see if I can find your driver or modify an existing Win 8 one (no promises).

Hopefully I can help you out, get back to me when you can.

ScottyC

• denson16
    denson16 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi... I want to change my OS from Windows 8.1 to 7.. can you help me? my problem is I cant find any drivers that support W7 that installed in my Laptop... i want to get rid of W8.1... I always get lag.. and lagg and lag!

[inappropriate content removed]

This discussion has been closed.