ACER Aspire E1-571 Boot up problem.

PCtinker
PCtinker Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi everyone, I recently bought a new hard drive gor my acer Aspire E1-571 because the old one(500gb hitachi) "crushed". So i got it delivered today its a WD scorpio blue 2.5' 320gb. I installed the new disk, run an installation of windows 7 x64 ultimate edition, from windows instalator I devided the disk on 2 partitions, formatted it and installed the system. Installation went completely normal and fast but after the instalator finished and done the final restart before running up the windows for the first time the laptop keep coming to the boot up screen ACER logo and then restarts and again and again and again to infinity Smiley Wink so I reinstall windows once more and the same thing happened. After that I took the new disk out of the laptop and put it in another laptop of mine an Asus, and the windows proceeded to the desktop without any problem. So my question is whats happening, do I need a hitachi disk for the acer because any other brand wont work with it or what? or maybe its some sort of Matherboard problem with the disk?
Thanx for help!

Best Answer

Answers

• rufaz
    rufaz Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter

weird, fresh installation should solve problems. hmm. i think something is wrong with the boot data or something. i suggest you to remove the other partition. making it only 1 partition. then make installation in the single partitioned hard disk. then see what happen. :hmm:

and do not forget to change to boot sequence to internal hard disk drive in BIOS. not flash drive or dvd.

apart from that. try to remove the flashdrive/dvd of the installer after the installation finished. who knows, it might be messing up with boot sequence or something

• PCtinker

Thanx I'm gonna try that !

• rufaz

if still not booting. try to go into bios and check with sata thingy. disabled? enabled? ahci? anything related. play around with that setting. it is all about test-and-error.

• PCtinker

So i tried your solution, changed the partition to one, installed the windows 7 and removed all the other drives like dvd and usb so nothing was interrupting. And the same problem again. in bios I changed the ahci to ide but there is no more options then this, boot priority is on Hard disk first and I just wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that previous disk which was faulty was devided into GPT partitions?

• PCtinker

I even changed partition to GPT but windows installer says "windows cannot be installed on GPT partition" im out of ideas ;/

• rufaz
    Answer ✓

hmm, how about uefi? after some reading in a thread, it seems like bios is the one messing around.

check out this link; http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Windows-7-UEFI-install-on-Aspire-E1-571/td-p/50201

or maybe this, simple and might be much more useful, http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Installing-Windows-7-on-acer-aspire-E1-571G/td-p/93099

some posts in there might be helpful (as i scan through some of them, some says win7 install on gpt with uefi enabled)

• rufaz

never once in my 9 years experience in computer maintenance, bios is the one causes fresh-installed windows to not to be able to boot up. congrats acer for being the first one.

• PCtinker

So thanx to your big help, I managed to come up with solution.  Still didnt manage to instal windows 7 even after changing partition to GPT and bios back to UEFI. The solution I found was I left partition a GPT and installed windows 8.1 from usb stick. the issue was quoting another member:

"The issue is not so much Acer ignorance as Microsoft does not want people backdating to Windows 7. One issue is that to be able to use Win 7 your device must have active cooling (e.g a fan), only Windows 8 has the Intel thermal control drives for a ventless design.

That the physical reason. The marketting reason is that Microsoft (and Acer) want everyone to move to the cloud - that is where the money is. Windows 8 is the first to fully support cloud.

So none of the three: Acer/Microsoft/Intel have any interest in moving someone from Windows 8 to 7.

Anyway problem solved Im happy with my new hard drive working and have less troubles on my mind.
    And I learned my lesson, I am not gonna buy another laptop from Acer.

Thank You very much once more for your help and time!!!!!!!

• rufaz

dont worry. windows 8 isnt that bad. Smiley Wink

just do some modifications here and there. voila, it will look just like windows 7, only with the extra "metro ui".

not that bad actually. thanks to you too. i got some new experience. :-)

This discussion has been closed.