2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Regular Visitor
mikcoy

wireless network adapter not working w/ win 8

Occasional Contributor
Raffi

Re: wireless network adapter not working w/ win 8

Help us with more information..

is it win 8 upgrade or pre installed

describe the issue in detail.. if network adapter is not working,you can uninstall the wireless network adapter and restart the computer ,driver would be installed automatically..

Regular Visitor
droptinib

I have tried everything I can think of. The wireless card worked yesterday (I turned it off w/ fncf3) but now it will not turn on using that key (turns airplane mode on and off). I have installed and reinstalled atheros wireless network driver and also ePower driver, thinking it might just be a button glitch (but turns airplane on and off). But the wifi will not turn on. I have disabled ahteros driver in control panel shutdown, and then enabled it when I was up and going again. WIFI WON'T TURN ON. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Regular Visitor
droptinib

Thought you might want to know the system

Acer Aspire V3-771G-9809

i7-3632QM

5400 spin 1TB hdd

Win 8 came on comp

Bought comp new about a month ago.

kingjah

V3-771G-9809

I just ordered this computer. I hope it does not have any issues or I will be requesting my funds back right away. I should have done more research. 

Regular Visitor
gh0st

[ Edited ]

I also had the same issue with the V3 771G-9809. Updating the BIOS seems to fix it (my wireless adp now works after the update), but I will not put my laptop back in Airplane mode to test until Acer gives us more informaion about this issue. 

Acer US Driver Dowlnoads:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Regular Visitor
droptinib

Ghost you are right. I finally looked on you tube. Guy had same prob different acer model. Thats what he did update bios and it worked. I tried it and my laptop works fine now. Thanks for the reply. I was getting on to give an update, shame we have to do this. But it all works now and im happy. Love the laptop.

Regular Visitor
Annoyed

I have ACER  V5-122P-0408

U R RECOMMENDING uninstall then reboot the network adapter(s)..there are two lisated.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: