windows error?

jena054
jena054 Member Posts: 2 New User

So lately I've been having this problem with windows wanting to start up.  My laptop is usually in sleep mode; that's how I leave it most days. But over the last two weeks I've noticed that sometimes when I open it up, it's on an odd page. It's saying that windows failed to start and that I can launch the repair or start up normaly. Starting up NEVER works. So I end up hitting the repair. It asks if I want to go to a system restore point or to let it repair itself. Neither option works. The restore opetion says no files are available and the other searches for problems, then says it cannot automatically repair." Then it asks to send info to microsoft or not, which I always do and then I have options to 'shut down' 'restart' 'system restore' ect. I end up shutting it down and hoping that if I leave it for awhile it will start up later. But it takes me several times before I can get it to boot up for me. It's not all the time but it seems to be happening more frequently as time goes on. Any advice on this would be greatly apprecaited. It is an Acer As[ire 7736; windows 7 and yes I have virus protection and everything has been scanned and found unharmed. Thanks in advance!  Also; one of the times this happened, a hard drive notice popped but I didn't get a chance to read it. Dont know if that's important or not...

Answers

• Babsubin
    Babsubin Member Posts: 30 New User

Hi,

It seems to be an issue with the operating system.

May I know the operating system installed in the computer?

• Babsubin
    Babsubin Member Posts: 30 New User

Hi,

Is it Windows 7 home premium ( pre installed in this computer ) or have you changed the operating system to any professional version?

• jena054
    jena054 Member Posts: 2 New User

No I haven't changed anything; it's still the original Windows 7 Premium

This discussion has been closed.