2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Frequent Visitor
jayquach

windows 8 recovery disk creation stalled at 95% (Acer aspire v3-551-8469).

Just bought a brand new Acer Aspire V3-551-8469 laptop with Windows 8 64-bit. Try to create the Recovery disk onto a usb drive (32G and 64G) from Acer Recovery Management, but the process stalled at the very end (about 95%). Retry several times with the same result. It also happened  when try using Recovery from Windows 8 Control Panel.

Thank you very much for any help.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: windows 8 recovery disk creation stalled at 95% (Acer aspire v3-551-8469).

Try formatting the flash drive to remove any files or U3 formatting and try to create your media again. If you are still having problems creating media, contact warranty support for your region.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Frequent Visitor
FerociousPeeCee

[ Edited ]

Same issue with my brand new AO725. Recovery Drive asked for a 16GB USB. The USB fresh formated Fat32 (no U3 crap) and it seems stalled at 98% creating the Win 8 Recovery.

screenshot

I can even use the USB EJECT to safely remove the drive.

Frequent Visitor
stonedagain

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem with 16 gig, tried with a 32 gig & it worked 1st time! Maybe 16 gig is not quite big enough for Win 8?

Visitor
Jess

Same problem. Brand new Aspire E1-521-0294. Purchased on Friday January 4th 2013. Loaded with windows 8. Tried a 16 gig and it didn't work. Got a 32gb flash drive and hanging at about 98%. Already formated flash drive shows 29.6gb available and same issue. Really would like an answer to this issue.

New Visitor
s_hansen

I had exactly the same problem. Acer Support told me to bring in my notebook for a check as it would probably be a hardware problem or a problem with the recovery partition. I wanted to do so and found a very good guy at the media market service in hamburg. He said that there are often problems with usb-sticks when writing large amounts of data (although the stick is ok and it is big enough). Before sending my notebook to acer he suggested to try creating the recovery data on a harddisk instead. It worked first time!!! As my harddisk is an older one I might just keep it for recovery but on the other side a harddisk is of course to expensive to use it as a recovery medium.

Hope this information helps.

allione

Also having exactly the same issue on a new Aspire V5-171. I have a brand new 32GB USB flash drive, and when trying to transfer my recovery partition, the program stalls in the exact same way as 'FerociousPeeCee' in the screenshot above.

I've tried re-formatting the drive (FAT32; full, not quick) and various USB ports. Same result each time.

I hope there's a resolution (that does not involve buying more additional hardware!).

Jodnick

I just bought a Acer Aspire V3-571 today and having the exact same issue.  I am using a 32GB flash drive, and the hard drive seems to be humming, but it is not moving beyong the 98% mark...now what?

allione

Tried with another USB flash drive (different brand), and it still didn't work.

Jodnick

allione....have you contacted Acer about this issue?  Any resolution?

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: