wifi won't work on my aspire v3 771 windows 8

rudders1965
rudders1965 Member Posts: 2 New User

Had the laptop for a month & can only use the internet through the Ethernet cable . Set up a wireless network on my router & everything fine for a few days. Then turn off the wifi on the f3 button to work off-line . Since then it won't turn back on . Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers

• acerfan
    acerfan Member Posts: 76

Tinkerer

go into control panel->network and internet->network and sharing center->change adapter setting

look for the wireless card and right click on it, choose enable

• rudders1965
    rudders1965 Member Posts: 2 New User

Tried to connect following your instructions but still won't turn on after enabling , anymore suggestions welcome , cheers for the response .

• mikescuba
    mikescuba Member Posts: 1 New User

Just got a brand new aspire v3 771 from newegg, I have the exact same symptoms.

It worked for the first 3 days, then I disabled the wifi using the function key & now it won't come back. 

The Fn+F3 still brings up airplane mode on & off which works but the wifi sticks off. 

I've uninstalled the NIC & let it re-detect, confirmed that the power plan settings have it enabled, and even cracked the case to reseat the card just in case it was loose from shipping, still no joy.

If I can find it in this mess they call windows 8 I'm going to uninstall the acer button manager software & see if that helps.  Beyond that since it's brand new with nothing installed yet I'm just going to reload from recovery disk & see if it comes back & then uninstall the button manager software before it breaks it again.

Also, off thread topic, but did your recovery media creation ever work, it asked for 16gb of space & tried both a 16 & 64GB usb thumb drives it would write everything out but never finish, I finally hooked up 250GB external harddrive & it worked.  I checked what it did & it created a 32GB partition on the disk & left the rest empty, so one more strike for the acer software team...

• gh0st
    gh0st Member Posts: 2 New User
  • diiorio
    diiorio Member Posts: 14 New User

I posted a fix for this with same issue, a change was made by windows 8

reboot PC.

tap F2 to enter bios

hit f10 and YES to save changes and exit.

Allow pc to reboot and config.

it shoudl work.

• diiorio
    diiorio Member Posts: 14 New User

PS bios update isn't really needed, it jsut needs bios to reset it by hittign f10 to save and exit.

This discussion has been closed.