2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
Claws78

why does it say that the serial number is not eligible for warranty? I just bought my acer 2 days

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I purchased a latpop on January 16th, 2013.  I was just noticing an unusual loud sound, could be the fan. I have had several latpops and none of them are this loud.

So I was trying to chat with your support group, to find out the ocation of nearest authorized ACER support. When I entered my laptop's serial number, I get a message saying "The serial number you have entered,

[edited for privacy] , is not eligible for warranty support according to our available data."

Can anyone explain why I get that message?

Thanks,

Claudia   

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: why does it say that the serial number is not eligible for warranty? I just bought my acer 2 day

It's likely that it is because the system, based on the serial number, is an Aspire 1551 which shipped in 2010.

The Aspire 1551 systems shipped with a one year warranty.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Visitor
Claws78

Re: why does it say that the serial number is not eligible for warranty? I just bought my acer 2 day

So what you are saying is eventhough I just bought there is no warranty on it becasue it was shipped in 2010? That makes no sense to me. Since I bought it new from a store. 

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

I'm telling you why the system is not allowing it.

I would suggest contacting email support and getting the system registered through them.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

You can update your system warranty dates by providing a Proof of Purchase using our online application at

http://csapps.acer.com/pop.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: