This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
don300

where can I get a windows 7 boot disk

I have n Acer 5742-6639  windows 7 laptop and have lost my recovery disk.  Where can I get another one /or how can I reboot my computer.  I have another laptop with windows 7 (5542-1615) and tried to use the recovery disk from this computer but it did not work.  Can Acer supply another disk if I provide the serial #. 

thanks  

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: where can I get a windows 7 boot disk

Please read this:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Community-KB/Where-can-I-purchase-Acer-accessories/ta-p/44353

http://store.acer.com/

Click on eRecovery

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Established Member
mrdolby

Hi

so i go to the site and can i find anywhere that tells me how i get a recovery disk...nope just lots of pages on warranties and pretty coloured mice and lots of accessories for a laptop that doesnt work and needs a recovery disk...

Do i have to phone up and speak to a human being.

Just one button, one shiny button marked "Recovery disks", would be nice please.........

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Did you click on eRecovery on the top gray line?

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Established Member
mrdolby

are we on the same page >>??

im at store.acer.com

where are you, i dont see a grey line

Established Member
mrdolby

gone to find the correct link i think....

Established Member
mrdolby

bump for Acer Tommy

can you tell me the answer please i really need the disk for a 5542.

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Maybe a visual will help ...

Established Member
mrdolby

no that didnt help, i dont know what URL you are using mate, but if i click the link i goto the UK acer site, that doesnt have that frontpage and if i drop the list of countries the states arent on it

id post a picture myself but i cant be bothered sorting one out.

maybe tomorrow, in the meantime, see if the UK version of the acerstore here

http://store.acer.com/store/aceremea/en_GB/home

has the link buried in it

cheers

Established Member
mrdolby

[ Edited ]

hang on heres the front page

uk pic

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: