users manual for Acer Iconia W3

halohill
halohill Member Posts: 7 New User

I'm just looking for a users manual for this device. Not much with this device seems very intuitive. Am wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing this tablet.

Best Answer

Answers

• kekinash
    kekinash Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓

Iconia W3 Manual

• halohill

Thank you very much.  The user Manual didn't help my problem... Tablet has crashed and I cannot even enter my password.  Also my snid is 12 digits, instead of 11, so I can't register it or get any help from Acer Support without 11 digits.  Thanks for your quick answer though.  I guess this one i going back to the store.  I guess I should've read the reviews.  Thank you.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

My W3 has the SNID in very small print on bottom (narrow) edge of case. Is under the bar code in the middle, is prefixed "SNID:" and is 11 digits. I needed a magnifying glass to read.

• halohill

Thank you!  Mine is in the same place, but it has 12 digits.  Smiley Sad  Thank you so much.  I'm so frustrated and wish I'd have read the reviews before I purchased.  I'm going to take it back tomorrow.  

• padgett

There is some mention on the web of 12 digit SNIDs. I'd call Acer first. There is a colon ( : ) between the letters SNID and the first digit. All of my SNIDs seem to be a three digit identifier (model ?) a zero as the fourth digit, followed by what looks like a 7 digit sequence number.

See http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19261/related/1/~/locating-the-snid-code

note the fourth digit is zero in all examples

• halohill

Thank you very much for your help.  One of the things that was upsetting, is that I couldn't find a phone number at all for customer service, and coulnd't do the support without the SNID#.  Then I looked on-line at the reviews, and I felt bad that I hadn't looked at them before I purchased.  The 3 days it worked, it was extremely slow, and going in an out of apps was difficult.  The only way I could get it to work was going back to the Start menu each time.  The icons/buttons/charms seemed to have a long lag time before they "took" as well.  (if you know what I mean)...  I think I'm going to take it back now while it is still new and go with another brand.

Thank you very much, though.  I really appreciate you getting back with me.   

• padgett

I do think these 2nd Generation Windows tablets (first were things like the W500/W700 with internal fans) are a bit of a beta experiment for Acer/Intel/Microsoft. I use mine as a POP (proof of what can be done) but expect the 3rd gen (Bay Trail) to be introed at the end of the year (W4 ?) that will correct many things and hopefully have built in GPS and USB 3.0 support and be 1/2" narrower than the W3 (is nice to be able to pop my Samsung tab out of the dock in the car and drop in my jacket inside pocket).

• farm_dave
    farm_dave Member Posts: 2 New User

I just bought a new acer iconia with windows 8 but can't get it to work.  I believe it is defective but since I have never used a touch screen or windows 8. My daughter who is much more computer savy than I am spent about a day and a half and couldn't get it to work.  We have tried to restore it by loading the restore disk on a sd card. it didn't work.  we also tried using a external hard drive and finally bought a external dvd drive but nothing seemed to work. It does claim there are missing files.  If I knew how it was supposed to work I would be better able to tell if it was operator error or something is actually wrong with it.

• farm_dave
    farm_dave Member Posts: 2 New User

I am trying to find a manuel for the acer iconia w3. I bought a new acer iconia w3 but can't make it work.  I don't have any experience with touch screens or windows 8 so I don't know how it is supposed to work. We tried to restore it with the disk and can't see any differance. It does say there are missing files but the restore disk doesn't seem to have the right files or we are not doing something right.  I tried books a million and staples who sells them but nether had a manuel for it.

• padgett

User's manual is on the Acer support page (link may work, if not go here and select tablet>Iconia W>W3 & scroll down to the documents ).

What they do not tell you is that the Clover Trail USB port does not have much power, not enough to be reliable with rotating media. I have found that for a DVD player/burner to work it must be either self powered or use a powered hub. I use one of these (plug).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

W3 User Manual should be a link to the W3 User Manual. Note that the link is only likely to work until they do an update, at which time they'll have a new link. You get there by going to Acer Support, entering appropriate info for your device, then clicking on the Documents tab.

If you would be more specific as to the problem you are having, we might be able to help. The easiest way to do a reset doesn't use the disc. Instead you plug a USB keyboard in (requires an adapter and keyboard) then use the Windows boot menus to refresh the tablet.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.