2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
kkzandermom

the colors on my laptop screen have changed, almost reversed and I can hardly read anything.

It also shows about 1/3 of my screen on the left with lines running horizontally through the screen. The rest of the screen has the reversed colors.

Visitor
rob4hello

Re: the colors on my laptop screen have changed, almost reversed and I can hardly read anything.

Your graphics card is going bad. saw one in youtube... :smileytongue:

Visitor
rob4hello

Re: the colors on my laptop screen have changed, almost reversed and I can hardly read anything.

Try a external video card that might work.. for a external monitor.

Established Contributor
ThV5k

Hello,

Hope the laptop screen color and lines issue is resolved but if not you may also want to consult the following article:

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2122/kw/screen

Another possible cause for screen issue may be connecting cables between screen and mainboard that are loosened. 

Probably good to check with your regional support site http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Good day

Leader
Vince53

I would connect an external monitor. If the picture is good, either your laptop monitor has gone bad or a monitor cable has gone bad or come loose. If the external monitor has the same problem, it is probably your video card.

Hope this helps.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: