"Limited Access" annoyance

Lisha
Lisha Member Posts: 3 New User

Ok, so I'm having the issue with the WiFi saying " Limited Access" as is a lot of other people here. I just brought a Acer Aspire V5 last week and since then, the connection keeps dropping although other devices in the house have great connection and work. I've tried turning the bluetooth off, i've read about opening CMD and typing these codes that apprently might be useful to some, to no avail.

I called Acer today, firstly, they told me to try and repair the Wireless...that failed also, as it kept saying "Limited Access" so i called them again and was told to try and restore the laptop, when i tried that it said it Aborted it as the laptop was not in factory default settings???????????????????????

Wouldnt have a clue....nothing has worked!!! Any other ideas??????

Answers

• voytecs
    voytecs Member Posts: 13 New User

Well, it is common issue with "crowded traffic".

Try this:

Best at night when no other users are on line,

Turn everything what you can off line.

Restart the router, and try to be the only one "on line"

Helpfull tool the "inssider 2.1" or so, it is free and gives you an idea what is happening in the air around you.

In general it is a good idea to restart the router one a week or often.

v

• Lisha
    Lisha Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks for your reply...i actually noticed that at night time it was worse, it keeps saying Limited Access like every 5-10mins whereas during the day im on it for about 20-30mins before it happens again...so unfortunately its still the same.

Acer has some serious issues...theres no doubt about that!!

This discussion has been closed.