2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Damian_Adelle

"Acer Crystal Eye Webcam found a new webcam" issue

I see all over Google people complaining about their Crystal Eye webcams not being detected, but my problem is different, I can only use the program for a couple of minutes, sometimes more, but eventually the message: "Warning. Acer Crystal Eye Webcam found a new webcam (HD WebCam), Do you want to begin using it?" will appear. It gives me Yes and No. If I choose Yes, I can return to use it, but now the resolution is horrible (160x120), and if I choose No, the program will just cease to function, because now the screen is black and the buttons are all greyed out. Sometimes if I choose Yes, it will only ask me the same question over and over in a loop and will not let me to continue with the camera.

As you cam see in my screenshots, the driver of the HD Webcam is there, but when I look the camera from the Devices and Printers from the Windows Control Panel, it says that the camera has 2 drivers, the one of the HD webcam, and another just as "USB Composite Device", I post too the properties of said driver. Is the camera dead?. The model is an Aspire One AO725. Win 7 x64. Thanks for any replies in advance. Any other info you need, please tell me and I'll post it. :smileyhappy:

cam1.jpgcam2.pngcam3.pngcam4.png

Damian_Adelle

Re: "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam found a new webcam" issue

I checked the netbook and it appears that the camera was a little disconnected from the bottom, right in the two hinges that connect the LCD with the rest of the system. I guess that explains the constant notifications about the camera being detected, but the problem of the resolution it's still on, I know this webcam is not the better in terms of picture quality but is HD (or at least is in the name), and I know it can record in good resolution because the options to change it where there before in the Crystal Eye program before, but now they are greyed out. Any advice?

Hinge

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam found a new webcam" issue

We would suggest contacting technical support in your region for further assistance with this issue.
Acer Service and Support

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

New Visitor
samcrowe61

Re: "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam not found

[ Edited ]

What worked for me:  

Try this site: Cyberlink Update Site: Acer.1.5.2904.19458_AVC120510-01.exe

[edited link for visibility]

Acer Technician
Acer-Tommy

Re: "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam not found

Please note that a physical cable  issue, as described by the OP, cannot be corrected by an update of software.

Important Links: Global Support Pages | Knowledge Base Articles
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information. Use the kudos-thumbs-up.png Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: