putting files from old PC on Cloud to transfer to new PC

pg6903
pg6903 Member Posts: 1 New User

Cannot figure out how to use cloud to transfer files.

Answers

• yuckily
    yuckily Member Posts: 22 New User

what kind of CLOUD ?

• lucifer814
    lucifer814 Member Posts: 42 New User

If you had already installed AcerCloud app, perhaps the following ways can help you Smiley Happy

First of all, open AcerCloud Portal on your PC and sign in Acer ID and checked all the function is enable.

A. How to add music or video onto AcerCloud Portal to share to other devices:

1. Open and sign in Acer ID on AcerCloud Portal in your Cloud PC.

2. Select <browse library> beside <Make this PC as Cloud PC> and choose <Photo>, <Music> or <Video> you would like to share to other devices.

3. Select <Add file to library> or <Add folder to library> and find the file folder directory on your computer and select <Open> or <Select Folder> to share your files.

If clear.fi Media and clear.fi Photo application are installed on your PC, please see steps as below,

1. Launch clear.fi Media or clear.fi Photo application on your PC.

2. Click <File>-<Add file to library> or <Add folder to library>

3. Find the file folder directory on your computer and select <Open> or <Select Folder> to add the file (folder) to clear.fi Media or clear.fi Photo.

4. You can now check clear.fi Photo, clear.fi Music and clear.fi Video on your mobile device to see if the files you share are show up on the application. Make sure that your mobile device has connected to 3G or WiFi at all time.

Or you can refer to the website at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26242.

B. How does PicStream work:

1. The function is to uploading the photos by camera shot from mobile device(s) automatically. Please make sure that your mobile device is connected to internet (3G or Wifi). And also note that if mobile device is connect to 3G network, please check<Use mobile network>.

Remind you that your network carrier may charge you for the transmission of network

2. Launch the AcerCloud Portal on the mobile device.

3. Check the option <Sync PicStream>.

4. Take a photo via camera, it will upload to the Cloud.

5. Please check the option <PicStream> in the AcerCloud Portal on the PC, or you can see the photos in the PicStream of clear.fi Photo if you have installed in your PC.

The latest 1000 photos that you have saved in the Picstream on mobile device will keep in the cloud for 30 days. And the photos would saved in the PC permanently depends on the size of the memory.

Or you can refer to the website at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25948.

C. How to use Docs:

1. Launch AcerCloud Portal on the Cloud PC.

2. Check the options <AcerCloud Docs Upload> on AcerCloud Portal.

3. If you want to upload a document file to the cloud, please save the document after edit it will upload automatically. You can also save and upload the document to the cloud from mobile device but cannot upload the document when you choose <save as>.

Docs works with Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Word files from versions 2003 and up (except Starter version).

Or you can refer to the website at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25946.

D. How to use Remote Files:

1. Please install Remote Files application on your mobile device.

2. When you click the "Remote Files Access" icon, you can download and upload files to permitted devices.

Or you can refer to the website at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28548.

• LightTemplar
    LightTemplar Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm in the same trouble.

I have a PC with Windows 7 installed, that I made to Cloud PC, Acer Notebook with Windows 8 (I use only desktop mode), and Android phone

After couple hours of google, I still can't understand:
    1) how to get this "Acer Photo" or "Clear.fi Photo" App on my PC? All, what I could find is http://www.acer.com/clearfi/download/ , but it doesn't seem like any of apps from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i70-FuhatfI

2) how to get synced all my photos between PC and notebook? If it is generally possible.

3) It says, that Acer Cloud stores all my photos in the cloud. How can I access them, if my Cloud PC will die? Can I get them all? 

4) I tried PicStream and saw - it saves new photos in "My pictures" folder. Can I change it? 

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Ligh

If you just want to transfer files from old to new, don't bother with clouds.  Use the Windows Easy Transfer app that should have been included with Windows 8.

Leho

• LightTemplar
    LightTemplar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Leho, actually, I want to backup my Photos in clouds. One day I've lost all already and I don't want it will repeat. If Acer Cloud gives me 30 days before I'll find another "Cloud PC", it will be enough. But I still can't understand, whether It for PicStream Photos or for all.
  • yuckily
    yuckily Member Posts: 22 New User

Hi, there is some information about AcerCloud, hope can help you.

1. Acer Photo (the old version is named clear.fi Photo) is pre-loaded in most of Acer PC. It seems the official website hasn’t provided to download.

The operating and interface is a little different if the PC hasn’t installed Acer Photo

2. AcerCloud can sync you photo taken by mobile device via PicStream to your PC. But if you want to share photo from PC to notebook, you need to launch AcerCloud Portal on PC, click “Browse Library” to add the photos and then, you can find them in “Acer Photo” on your Acer Notebook

3. If you enable PicStream on both PC and mobile device, photos taken by mobile device will upload to the cloud automatically (even your Cloud PC is power off) and you can browse them on your Acer Notebook or mobile device in “Acer Photo”.

4. I’ve try this operating, it seems there is no setting of change the location of PicStream, but you can change “My pictures” location to other folder or partition. After you changed “My pictures” location, if you cannot find any photo in Acer Photo, you can logout and login you Acer ID, then it will download the photos from the cloud again.

This discussion has been closed.