purchase recovery disks

WillyA
WillyA Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried to order Recovery Disks as I laptop will no longer boot-Error Code:0xe0000185 

I cannot enter address in Canada-only accepts USA address even from acer.ca website???

Answers

• st3ph3nnity
    st3ph3nnity Member Posts: 220 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Have you no recovery partition ?

Have you tried to use the recovery partition to restore to factory settings ?

On my Acer,recovery is restored to factory settings by pressing the F9 key on boot up just as it gets to the "press F2 for boot menu" message...I think it is F10/F12 for some models.

• WillyA
    WillyA Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried that-F10 is the recovery partition-will not work-access recovery partition-get error message.

Thanks

The biggest problem is I cannot buy/order the recovery disks as the USA site only accepts US addresses and the Canadian site only accepts US addresses as well. Really weird -there is no way to add another country other than USA.  Under state-it is state/province but no provinces are listed. I intend to call Canadian customer support on Monday as they are closed on weekends.

• FishyBC
    FishyBC Member Posts: 1 New User

Just went through the same process.  It's a pain as you can't enter Canadian info on the site to purchase the disks (either the US or the Canadian site).  If you phone the US number though at store.acer.com they are quite helpful and they ship to either Canada or North America no charge.  They said it would take 48 hours to build the disks and another 3 to 8 business days to ship them.  I received them 2 days after I called and ordered them.  I was impressed.

I needed the disks because the eRecovery was stalled on "Please wait a moment".  I was unable to get the laptop (aspire 4535) to boot to the Acer Recovery disks due to it just looping when I rebooted.  I've seen others with this issue.  I took a Live CD of Ubuntu, booted to it and used GParted to delete all of the partitions on the hard disk and tried again.  It worked and is back to factory spec.......

A bit painful but it works !!  Good luck ...

This discussion has been closed.