power button flashing red on iconia a500

woe
woe Member Posts: 2 New User
I've had my Acer Iconia tab a500 for a while now, i was charging it and using it at the same time the back felt unusually hot and the power button was flashing red I've never seen it do this before, also the charger felt pretty warm as well. Was wondering if anyone had some info on this.

Answers

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Not sure if it's the same with the a500, but I know both my smartphone and my android tablet with do that (not the flashing red light since those devices don't have it) when it is in use and is using more power that the charging current. Also batteries tend to not charge when it is physically hot (all batteries, not just the ones used in tablets), which is caused by power usage on the device. Check to see if your a500 has some services (apps) running in the background, it will probably charge fine if you let it reboot and let it charge without any services running.

• woe
    woe Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanx for the input ill take it under advisement also not sure if this has anything to do with it or not but i was using an extension cord as well as the charger for the a500 is only three feet long, not sure why they made it so short but they did. I appreciate your time and input greatly.
This discussion has been closed.