no sound from internal speakers, low output from headphone slot on front, current drivers for Realte

palscalzo
palscalzo Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Aspire M5640, Vista Home Premium, 32-bit. No sound from internal speakers (Type M1118C, 5VDC for USB Driver), Excellent sound to headphones from front panel Audio port. Realtek Audio Manager has green check for speakers and says “working”. CP/Device Manager says “This device is working properly.” And Searched for and determined drivers are current and updated. I have tried a lot of recommended “fixes” from the web and Youtube but have had no successful corrective action. I have tried these among others:
--Inserted speaker USB into each 2.0 port on front and rear panel, unsuccessful,
--Tried System Restore back to early March when speakers worked but Restore Point could not be found.
--ACER on line help recommended uninstalling speaker drivers and restoring them after Restart, unsuccessful.
Anyone have a better remedy?

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

sound like hardware problem with speakers

• palscalzo
    palscalzo Member Posts: 2 New User

Your suggestion of faulty speaker hardware forced me to disconnect and check them out on another PC. Low and behold while the dual speaker USB line was properly connected to its USB port in the rear panel, the 3.5mm speaker line was not inserted into the rear speaker jack. Lesson learned:: always make sure hardware is properly connected before seeking other corrective action.  Thanks, hope this helps someone else.  

This discussion has been closed.