This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
Denise14

no bootable device

I have been getting no bootable device when I switch on my laptop.  Only the Acer screen comes up.  I have only had the computer since Christmas.  Any body any Ideas?  thanks 

Frequent Contributor
st3ph3nnity

Re: no bootable device

Are you getting a message come up ? ...usually means that the hard drive is faulty...but are you saying it is newish ?

Visitor
Denise14

Yes,  i only got the laptop last year.  will I have to get a new hard drive and are they expensive?

Frequent Contributor
st3ph3nnity

I got a used hard drive from eBay at,I think £25...new are about £40 + ...the used hard drive I had was fine...it`s also easy enough to put it in yourself...there are loads of videos on youtube of how to do this...just take care if you do it yourself.

anitah1492

If you have only had this computer since Christmas than Acer should fix under their warranty but good luck with that. Because of their technicians I had the same problem but I had to pay someone locally to fix because I could not get the company to send me the needed address label to ship to their repair center.

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Long time Acer Community member and leader Padgett has reached a new milestone of 1500 posts helping and guiding others to solution. Please join me in congratulating Padgett on this accomplishment.

ACE Pioneer

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: