new a5600u won't recognize wireless keyboard or mouse

waikikibeat
waikikibeat Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a new touchscreen  a5600u. After a whole day with it, i still have no keyboard or mouse. Both are wireless, both made by acer. I put batteries in both.  cannot get the computer to see them. computer thinks it already has  working MS USB versions of both, but it does not. i went to acer support site and see no wireless mouse or keyboard drivers to download... OR is  there an Ir switch somewhere i have not found that, once turned on, will find both?

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day.

You dont need drivers for this wireless keyboard and mouse to work. For it work, make sure that your dongle is connected to the computer. The dongle is normally found inside your mouse battery cap. Also test your dongle, keyboard and mouse on another machine to see if it will work. If it doesnt work, then you need to contact your local Acer Technical Support Team for further assistance.

Regards,

Freeza

• cgarcia
    cgarcia Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I have a new (refurbished) A5600U and I found the dingle, connected it and now the mouse works, but I cannot get the keyboard to work for the life of me! Am I supposed to have a separate dingle for the keyboard? I don't even see a button on the keyboard to "pair"....please help!

This discussion has been closed.