malware

Maggie100
Maggie100 Member Posts: 7 New User

I got a new acer and experiecing lots lots of issue with it.

Cannot typ on it as it moves all over the page

I purchaed a Kaspersky anti-virus 2013 but when I tried to put in on my laptop it say remove window essential security.  However I have been told that windows 8 uses it own windowes essential security, before loading it on as it will conflect with windows essential security.    I do not know if I should use my own anti-virus software as well as windows essential or which is the best to use.

Any help please.

Answers

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Maggie

My experience has been that two anti-virus software programs cannot run simultaneously.  I don't really know whether this is for commercial or genuine conflict reasons. But it really doesn't matter.  You only need one running at a time.

I suggest that you disable Windows Security and enable Kaspersky.  Try it and if you like it stick with it.

Leho 

• Maggie100
    Maggie100 Member Posts: 7 New User

Thank you for your reply, but from my research and I could have miss understood it as I am not that good with computers, I understand that windows 8 anti-virus is a part of the OS therefore it is not possible to disabled it.

Maggie

• Leho
    Leho Member Posts: 525 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Maggie

Access to windows firewall is from

Control Panel

System and Security

Windows Firewall

a number of setting options are available, including on or off.

In my case, I got Norton 360 which disabled McaFee, and manages the windows firewall.  I expect that your commercial program would do the same. It also turned off Windows Defender. Access to Windows Defender is from the all apps menu.

Leho

This discussion has been closed.