iconia tab a510 upgrade to jelly bean

beto9
beto9 Member Posts: 5 New User

WHen will the A510 be upgraded to Jelly Bean? I had a chat with customer suppor 3 weeks ago and was told they are doing them by batches. I live in Canada.

I do not like the hermetism in Acer about upcoming upgrades. It makes you think they don't care for return customers.

Best Answer

• beto9
    Answer ✓

Well, well, well! My A510 was updated today to 4.1.2. I am in Montreal, Canada. Just made the "last quarter promise". Yeah!

It took about 40 minutes. There was a notification of a System Update in the lower right corner clock pop-up thet lets you know when the system, at boot, is updating applications. It also tell you that you cannot do the update by going into Settings/System update.

It took about 40 minutes. When you press the notice it starts downloading the update (some 386 MB) and then verifies the download. A little notice appears "Restart and install" but if you press it it changes to "Cancel". Be sure to read the little note in the upper left corner, there is a countdown, do not "Cancel". The tablet reboots, the system installs and then it upgrades all your installed apps (a count of 94 for me, really!)

The Olympic gymnasts have disappeared, now instead is the word "Acer" exploding.

First thing I checked was my contacts... all there (still, they synch with my phone, so no problemo)

Yes, like Murphy,  I like the clock/pop-up at lower right, it is now chockfull with control gadgets.

Great!

Answers

• Mad4Red
    Mad4Red Member Posts: 6 New User

Look like Spain got update ...icona a510

• Travis-Acer
    Travis-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 681 Acer Crew

We do not have a specific upgrade release date. This depends upon your region and other factors.  When the update is ready for release, it will begin rolling out to customers.

• tazpurvis
    tazpurvis Member Posts: 2 New User
    I live in Alabama, won my a510 back in September and have been waiting patiently for the update to 4.1 to come down, as I was under the impression that it would be finished by the end of the year. I do love my tablet, but I know there are a lot more things that jellybean brings. I don't know what we are getting with our update, but I would like to know when the USA us expecting the update. The press release said Q4 this year, well Q4 ends in just a few weeks. Thank you
    M
  • sabnico17
    sabnico17 Member Posts: 1 New User

I had an update information on my A510. After installation adn reboot, there is no wifi available ! I hope ACER will provide a solution. I tryed a reset but I had no change.

• mikeosude
    mikeosude Member Posts: 1 New User
    this is really messed up, there is now an jelly bean 4.2 and we still haven't even gotten the 4.1 for a510, Acer this is really disappointing, Samsung, dell, Motorola, Asus and more already have 4.1 now am wishing iI had gotten Asus transformer. Acer might still be selling windows 7 when others are already dishing out win8. Acer, and there is something called customer satisfaction
  • murphy
    murphy Member Posts: 2 New User

My A510 has updated to 4.1 now in the UK.

I like the look of the new status/setting slide up panel and the power settings.

• beto9

Thank you Murphy... there is hope now in Canada!

• beto9
    Answer ✓

Well, well, well! My A510 was updated today to 4.1.2. I am in Montreal, Canada. Just made the "last quarter promise". Yeah!

It took about 40 minutes. There was a notification of a System Update in the lower right corner clock pop-up thet lets you know when the system, at boot, is updating applications. It also tell you that you cannot do the update by going into Settings/System update.

It took about 40 minutes. When you press the notice it starts downloading the update (some 386 MB) and then verifies the download. A little notice appears "Restart and install" but if you press it it changes to "Cancel". Be sure to read the little note in the upper left corner, there is a countdown, do not "Cancel". The tablet reboots, the system installs and then it upgrades all your installed apps (a count of 94 for me, really!)

The Olympic gymnasts have disappeared, now instead is the word "Acer" exploding.

First thing I checked was my contacts... all there (still, they synch with my phone, so no problemo)

Yes, like Murphy,  I like the clock/pop-up at lower right, it is now chockfull with control gadgets.

Great!

• tazpurvis
    tazpurvis Member Posts: 2 New User
    I just checked mine, and still nothing in the united states, or at least in the south east USA. I really want jelly bean
    :-(
  • ghicat
    ghicat Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

My A510 was updated with the jelly bean 4.1.2 update but i note that some mistakes.

First, wy acer do not removed the previous internet navigator ? Normally, for jelly bean, Chrome replace the navigator.

Second, i can not up to date Chrome from play store. i have the french message : "Doublon de fournisseur de contenu". I can translate it by : "Duplicate content provider".

For the moment, except this two remarks, the 4.1.2 jelly bean update is ok. First impressions are the speed and the fluidity of the interface.

ghicat

• murphy
    murphy Member Posts: 2 New User

My version of Chrome was already up to date so I don't know if there will be any problem updating it.

Antutu benchmark gave me slightly higher results with the new update as well.  It was always below 12000 before and now it is above 12000.

Maybe they left the old browser on because they didn't see much of an advantage in forcing everyone to switch to Chrome as you can easily install it yourself?

• primaking
    primaking Member Posts: 1 New User

any date for france ? 

thanks Smiley Very Happy

• ghicat

It is already in the pipe for france.

I am in france.

• ghicat
    @murphy : For me, the version in the Play Store is the 18.0.1025469. My OS is 4.1.2
    Can you confirm that you are ok with this or more ?

ghicat
  • mshshooter
    mshshooter Member Posts: 1 New User

My chrome is corrupted after 4.1.2 update...I can't open it, I can't remove it, I can't update from Google Play and the message "Duplicate content provider" is shown. How can I fix this problem?? I really want to get back my chrome....

• ghicat
    @mshshooter To solve the problem of opening, clear it in the parameter of the application. You can not remove it because it "normally" replace the previous navigator since jelly bean. And for the update problem, i think a reset of your tablet will solve the problem...

I have a new remark about this update. Since chrome should be the new navigator, i desactivate the previous one but now, i have no favorites in the ring.
  • merchantpay
    merchantpay Member Posts: 5 New User

version 4.1.2 is jelly bean

version 4.0 is ics

• papyb
    papyb Member Posts: 2 New User

I wonder weither if the official driver on Acer site (USB_Acer_1.0_A40I_A.zip) is compatible with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for A510.

Before I upgraded my ICS 4.0 tab , it worked with my PC windows 7, but no more after upgrade.

Am I alone in this case?

Did Acer forget to upgrade the USB driver?

• alexzanderg92
    alexzanderg92 Member Posts: 1 New User

Any specific date that A510 in Singapore/ Malaysia will receive the 4.1.2 update?

Still stuck with 1.073_WW_GEN1 since the last minor update (37.6mb)

• mtorchut
    mtorchut Member Posts: 2 New User

From France : Android 4.1.2 installed 2 or 3 weeks ago. runs ok.

still pb with very weak audio. i'm old and deaf.

This discussion has been closed.