2013 Archives

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

See our Discussion Forums for more current content.

Topic

Visitor
hydroelec28

how do you replace a hard drive on an acer aspire v5 571p 6648

I dont see where the hard drive is on the aspire v5 571p 6648 , can someone please help

Acer Technician
Acer-Blayn

Re: how do you replace a hard drive on an acer aspire v5 571p 6648

Unfortunately, there is not a hard drive access panel on this system. You can contact Acer in your region to inquire about warranty service.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

Established Member
daveydave7

Hi

I have done this on a second user - out of warranty V5-571 I know where the drive is situated and would explain in detail if allowed here whichI suspect I am not

Established Member
daveydave7

THERE ARE AS FAR AS I CAN FIND NO TUTORIALS ABOUT FITTING/ REPLACING THE HARD DRIVES IN THIS MODEL ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET AND I HAD TO WORK IT OUT WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF A FRIEND WHO IS VERY GOOD AT THIS SORT OF THING BUT ESSENTIALLY YOU HAVE TO

1. REMOVE THE BATTERY AND DISCONNECT THE POWER SUPPLY - ie DONT HAVE IT PLUGGED IN WHILST YOU ARE DOING THIS

2. REMOVE THE 2 SCREWS COVERING THE RAM SLOT COMPARTMENT AND REMOVE THE RAM

3.REMOVE ALL 20 SCREWS FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE YOU ALSO NEED TO THEN BY CAREFULLY/ GENTLY UNCLIPPING THE BLACK BASE FROM THE SILVER SIDE YOU WILL GET LEVERAGE THAT WILL ENABLE YOU TO WORK OUT THE HARD DRIVETHERE IS  A GALLERY PICTURE I HAVE TAKEN BELOW THAT SHOWS WHERE MY FINGER IS INSERTED JUST WHERE THE HARD DRIVE IS SITUATED IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY YOU WILL MANAGE TO OBTAIN A GAP IN THE CASE THAT ALLOWS THE SLIDING IN OF THE NEW DRIVE

LOOK AT GALLERY HERE: WHICH SHOWS WHERE THE GAP NEEDS TO BE AND THE APPROXIMATE LENGTH YOU NEED - THE DRIVE FITS IN WITH ITS DATA/POWER END TOWARDS THE RAM SLOTS- JUST INSIDE THERE IS A TRAY AREA BUILT INTO THE BASE THAT IS WHERE THE DRIVE RESTS

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/002437915-.html#1

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Please join me in congratulating IronFly who is the first Acer Community Member to achieve the rank of ACE Pathfinder. IronFly has shown a consistent willingness to help others and has worked hard to earn this new Rank. Congrats and Thank You IronFly.

ACE Pathfinder

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: